Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I thought Elk hunting was supposed to be hard

I don’t want this to sound rude, but archery hunting always finds a way to humble a person at some point, especially archery elk hunting.

Good work on this one, but don’t get too cocky. I been there and done that. At one point I thought I was the reincarnation of Davey Crockett, since then I’ve thought several times about giving up hunting for a hobby I might be good at, like knitting. 😂

I am from NY and new to this forum and just got a Palouse A tag for next year. This will be my first unguided hunt as well as first time in Idaho. Would love to get some insight to start preparing for next year

This was my first year archery Elk hunting after I just moved to N. Idaho last winter. Got myself a Palouse A tag and admittedly did zero scouting and little preparation as I am focusing on a new job. From talking with locals I did not have high expectations for this area and my goal for this season was to just get a response or two from a bull.

Well after 2 days hunting I was into bugling bulls each day and arrowed a little raghorn the second morning. I thought this archery Elk hunting was supposed to be hard!!! LOL. Anyways I am hooked and doubt I will do much of any rifle hunting for these things anymore. Till next year I supposed!
Would love to connect and learn more about the area from you, this will be my first trip out there and trying to get my bearings

I can not dm until I go past threshold, please dm me first.. thanks for the response
Contribute for a while longer or make a few more posts that aren’t just looking for an area to hunt and you will get past the threshold and possibly find some people who are more than willing to be helpful.

You are a straight killer brah! What poundage are you pullin on your harp?!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back