I think I hate ATVs.

How so? mtmuley
miles and miles of rough roads on a soft atv vs a 99 f350

After my OR hart Mt antelope hunt and stops at schwabs to replace broken suspension parts every single trip, I bought the atv and never looked back.

11 miles in that took 20 minutes vs almost 1-1/2 hours in the truck as one example.
IMG_2636 (Medium).JPG

Bad enough they have roads to run on. The USFS kowtowed to the ATV lobby and converted miles of old grown-over skid roads into the OHV Trail Systems. I used to sneak on these trails. ATV clubs go on and on about what they do for the public land, but all I see is mechanized access and erosion. In spite of all those gifts, they still go around gates and over tank traps.

In my county and those around me, it's pretty damned hard to find a place they haven't been.

miles and miles of rough roads on a soft atv vs a 99 f350

After my OR hart Mt antelope hunt and stops at schwabs to replace broken suspension parts every single trip, I bought the atv and never looked back.

11 miles in that took 20 minutes vs almost 1-1/2 hours in the truck as one example.
View attachment 252051
You can run over 30mph on the ATV, and only about 4 mph in the truck? Did you haul camp in, or were you camped 11 miles from where you planned to hunt?

In IA there is very little use for an ATV. If you are a farmer with a large property it can be a useful tool. Recreation, there is almost nowhere to ride them. Yet there are probably a couple hundred thousand ATV owners in this state, and the overwhelming use I’ve witnessed is illegal. City streets, rampant presence on public lands, etc.

Hunting out west I do notice some useful applications, and sometimes think it would be nice to get one. The problem is you join a club where 90% of other members are complete douchebags. Kind of like flying a giant confederate flag in your front yard because you “value history”.

On the flip side, I’ve found it much easier to find elk on the 3 LQ elk hunts I’ve done because 90% of the other tag holders zoom around on SxS all day, creating concentrated elk sanctuaries where the motorists can’t pressure.

The irony and complete lack of self-awareness of this post is hilarious.
Would you please fully explain your above statement. What am I missing about WW2 vets turning the Mauser rifles they brought back form the war into fine custom sporting rifles. Sounds like something pretty cool.

Would you please fully explain your above statement. What am I missing about WW2 vets turning the Mauser rifles they brought back form the war into fine custom sporting rifles. Sounds like something pretty cool.
I feel gypped that you never asked for an explanation about my statement about you sucking dongs.

Your posts all have the resounding theme of having known some WW2 veterans, climbing up on the shoulders of these giants, and then hurling your rocks down upon those of us who would hunt with sporterized versions of the military arms we came of age with.

When asked about details such as how you could know a woman who earned her paratrooper wings prior to the first known female graduate, or a man who was welcomed with open arms by Icelandic citizens (which at the time were quite unhappy with putting up with American GIs, but hey, please bang my daughter and help yourself to the fridge) you can't be bothered to respond. When considering the likelihood of whether some lady told you she was a paratrooper or you making things up to give yourself some modicum of credibility, the answer is pretty clear.

The feckless glee that you display as you lecture from the moral high-ground you constructed for yourself is only eclipsed by your utter ignorance of modern firearms. I can only feel sorry for the WW2 veterans you keep referencing as if you somehow speak for them. But then again I don't think they would appreciate my pity, as they probably grew up with some assclown who claimed to know a Civil War veteran lecturing them on how inappropriate it was to use those weapons of war to pursue a passtime that they loved.

Your posts all have the resounding theme of having known some WW2 veterans, climbing up on the shoulders of these giants, and then hurling your rocks down upon those of us who would hunt with sporterized versions of the military arms we came of age with.

When asked about details such as how you could know a woman who earned her paratrooper wings prior to the first known female graduate, or a man who was welcomed with open arms by Icelandic citizens (which at the time were quite unhappy with putting up with American GIs, but hey, please bang my daughter and help yourself to the fridge) you can't be bothered to respond. When considering the likelihood of whether some lady told you she was a paratrooper or you making things up to give yourself some modicum of credibility, the answer is pretty clear.

The feckless glee that you display as you lecture from the moral high-ground you constructed for yourself is only eclipsed by your utter ignorance of modern firearms. I can only feel sorry for the WW2 veterans you keep referencing as if you somehow speak for them. But then again I don't think they would appreciate my pity, as they probably grew up with some assclown who claimed to know a Civil War veteran lecturing them on how inappropriate it was to use those weapons of war to pursue a passtime that they loved.
You’ve taken too many words & time to call this clown a c0cksucker.

We got a sweet older Honda Foreman 500. It is great to haul animals out. Also works as weight in the back of the F350. Use the tools available if they are legal. Lots of stupid fat ****s out there breaking the law and ruin it for those of us who play by the rules.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back