Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I stole a gun today

Nice rifle and great price. I would load 95gr NBT also over H4831 or H4350 and go kill things. If lead free go with some Hammer hunters.
It’s probably a 9 1/8 twist but should handle most bullets well.

The "i" was a typo, my bad. VX-3, which according to Leupold's website looks like it was first released in 1998.

EDIT: 07/1997 is what the barrel proof marks lead me to believe

Hmm, several recommendations for the 80/85gr tsx/ttsx. May have to start there

I'll send you a message about the bullets and brass
Don't think the gun is that old either. Pretty sure the CDL version was released in 2006...as I was working for Remington at the time. I could be wrong, but wondering if maybe the stock was updated on an older rifle. Pretty sure that is an R3 recoil pad, which I don't think was arround in 1997. Again, we are talking about a long time ago, so my memory might be off.

To add onto what @Elkwhisper stated, the 700 CDL was released in 2003 so I doubt the Seven CDL would have been released before that.

Don't think the gun is that old either. Pretty sure the CDL version was released in 2006...as I was working for Remington at the time. I could be wrong, but wondering if maybe the stock was updated on an older rifle. Pretty sure that is an R3 recoil pad, which I don't think was arround in 1997. Again, we are talking about a long time ago, so my memory might be off.
You may be right! The barrel stamp is either OR (7/97) or OB (7/07). Really can't tell as the bottom of the stamp isn't quite legible. I suppose either one is plausible.

Guy had stated he bought it "in the 90's" so I figured it was more likely the 97 year
To add onto what @Elkwhisper stated, the 700 CDL was released in 2003 so I doubt the Seven CDL would have been released before that.
See above response. It could be a 2007 manufacture. Appreciate everyone's sleuthing

Edit: Really though. Any load suggestions for a varmint/coyote load and a pronghorn/deer load. Either factory or hand loaded. She's my first 243

70 grain Hammer Hunter over 43.5 grains of H4350 .050" off the lands, with 1/4th of a turn of a Lee factory crimp die. That is an outrageously pretty rifle and there are a lot of dudes getting green with envy rn

And before the VX-3 was the Vari-X lll.
VX-3 was released in 98 according to Leupolds website. Mentioned in a previous edit of mine

Screenshot_20220110-163537_Chrome.jpg
Regardless she's looking more like an 07' than a 97' at this point

Last edited:
I share almost an exact same story at christmas time about ten years ago, In a sporting goods store looking to buy gifts and a guy comes in to sell a bunch of guns. I offered on the Browning Micro hunter 243 and he accepted and told me thats what the store offered. That gun has been passed around to friends almost every year since who need a youth rifle and it has killed a bunch of deer. This post is a reminder I need to get it back from a buddy who borrowed it this season.

Not trying to pull this thread off topic more, but this may be helpful to some.

Attachments

• 669C6E7C-E021-4A7E-B64D-36188B59B742.jpeg
    669C6E7C-E021-4A7E-B64D-36188B59B742.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 15
You may be right! The barrel stamp is either OR (7/97) or OB (7/07). Really can't tell as the bottom of the stamp isn't quite legible. I suppose either one is plausible.

Guy had stated he bought it "in the 90's" so I figured it was more likely the 97 year

See above response. It could be a 2007 manufacture. Appreciate everyone's sleuthing

EMBOSSING MATTERS, PEOPLE!

Anyone know a good cerakote guy that can do a sweet tactical urban camo pattern?!

.... just kidding

Edit: Really though. Any load suggestions for a varmint/coyote load and a pronghorn/deer load. Either factory or hand loaded. She's my first 243
I have brass and dies if you want them, sold mine a few years ago and wound up with a 6mm Remington so no need. can even part with some bullets if you need some, the 80 grain hornady's are very effective on coyotes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back