I stole a gun today

jt13

So I stop in to my local gun shop looking for some goose loads. This is a place where I've become pretty good friends with all the employees over the years. A fella walks in a little while later and flops a gun case on the counter and wants to trade in a rifle on a handgun. I see the rifle come out of the case and I become very interested. It's a 90's era Remington Model Seven CDL .243 Win wearing a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10x40. Guy states he hasnt shot the rifle since it was sighted in 30 years ago, as he bought it for his daughter and she never turned into a hunter. The LGS employees make him a lowball offer which he was preparing to begrudgingly accept. I interjected with my interest and, with the blessing of the gunshop employees, made a counter offer. He accepted and ended up putting the money towards the handgun he came in to trade for.

$600 later this pretty little thing lives with me now. Always wanted a Model Seven, never did get those goose loads though...

16807.jpeg

16809.jpeg
16811.jpeg16813.jpeg

Last edited:
I know nothing about Model Seven but that is a damn pretty gun. Never knew Remington did such nice work. Congratulations. Sounds like everyone was happy when you left the store and that's a bonus. Good on you.

Last edited:
Anyone know a good cerakote guy that can do a sweet tactical urban camo pattern?!

.... just kidding

Edit: Really though. Any load suggestions for a varmint/coyote load and a pronghorn/deer load. Either factory or hand loaded. She's my first 243

Congrats on a fine pick up, sweet rifle ! The whole combo is first rate , I hope it serves you well.

So I stop in to my local gun shop looking for some goose loads. This is a place where I've become pretty good friends with all the employees over the years. A fella walks in a little while later and flops a gun case on the counter and wants to trade in a rifle on a handgun. I see the rifle come out of the case and I become very interested. It's a 90's era Remington Model Seven CDL .243 Win wearing a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10x40. Guy states he hasnt shot the rifle since it was sighted in 30 years ago, as he bought it for his daughter and she never turned into a hunter. The LGS employees make him a lowball offer which he was preparing to begrudgingly accept. I interjected with my interest and, with the blessing of the gunshop employees, made a counter offer. He accepted and ended up putting the money towards the handgun he came in to trade for.

$600 later this pretty little thing lives with me now. Always wanted a Model Seven, never did get those goose loads though...

View attachment 208331

View attachment 208332
View attachment 208333View attachment 208334
Yep you "stole" that beautiful rifle...the scope alone is worth that! I kick myself because several years ago I came across a 700 CDL in 30-06 with a Ziess 3×9 for around 600 and past it up. I got to thinking about it after I left the gun store and thought I was dumb for walking away. Stopped by a month later and it was gone. The did have a 700 ADL in 30-06 ugly as heck but it had iron sights and looked as though it had never been fired. 400 later it came home with me. Had it not had iron sights I would have left it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back