Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I Saw RED!!!

Big Sky

For you guys that live near the ocean fish like this might not be a big deal, but for a guy living in the desert of Southern Utah, these little salmon are very unique, and FUN to catch! I caught them until my arms hurt. I have no idea how many I fought, lost, or landed, but it was a significant number. Jig fishing at its finest. A perfect way to spend a fall day.
Troy Adams 10-21-20L.jpg

Troy Adams 10-21-20C.jpg

Troy Adams 10-21-20I.jpg

Troy Adams 10-21-20B.jpg

That’s awesome sounds like good time do you keep and eat them ?
No at this point in the spawning process they aren't very editable. I release all of them. Then again I release most fish I catch regardless as I'm just not a big on the taste of most fresh water fish. I do like many ocean fish though.

No at this point in the spawning process they aren't very editable. I release all of them. Then again I release most fish I catch regardless as I'm just not a big on the taste of most fresh water fish. I do like many ocean fish

I used to live in Florida so I’ve ate a lot of salt water fish now I live in Ks and eat a lot of fresh water fish I love flat head,crappie and walleye but I agree overall salt water fish do taste better

For you guys that live near the ocean fish like this might not be a big deal, but for a guy living in the desert of Southern Utah, these little salmon are very unique, and FUN to catch! I caught them until my arms hurt. I have no idea how many I fought, lost, or landed, but it was a significant number. Jig fishing at its finest. A perfect way to spend a fall day.
View attachment 158970

View attachment 158971

View attachment 158973

View attachment 158974
Wow! Those pictures knock my socks off. Thanks for sharing.

What do you catch them on? There's a reservoir not too far from me that I'd like to try chasing them in, but unfortunately it doesn't have current.

I used to live in Logan, Utah....kokanee were up there in a few reservoirs.

I did not know they had them in southern Utah...looks like fun!
Nice to see some fall fishing photos....

The rainbows I caught this year while elk hunting had pink meat like salmon. Salmon are good. Would not see me releasing many.

Dang. Those are some gnarly looking fish.OF all the fish I dislike salmon the most any salmon.
They're fun to catch. Outstanding pictures, you have away with them.
We were up in Homer AK one year for 3 weeks. Inbetween Halibut and lingcod fishing trips we fished salmon and char.
We would get so many we would get bored. Then we would try NOT to get a fish to break up the monotony.

Dang. Those are some gnarly looking fish.OF all the fish I dislike salmon the most any salmon.
They're fun to catch. Outstanding pictures, you have away with them.
We were up in Homer AK one year for 3 weeks. Inbetween Halibut and lingcod fishing trips we fished salmon and char.
We would get so many we would get bored. Then we would try NOT to get a fish to break up the monotony.
"We would get so many we would get bored. Then we would try NOT to get a fish to break up the monotony."

Nice problem to have!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back