I paid $8,003 to Kill a Wolf

JoseCuervo

And so did you....

At the budget hearing this morning on Idaho’s Wolf Depredation Control Board, to which lawmakers have been allocating $400,000 a year in state funds for the past three years to contract to have problem wolves killed, the board reported that its cost per wolf killed has been dropping. “In fiscal year ’16, the cost per wolf removal was $9,005 dollars per wolf,” board member Carl Rey told the Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee. “In ’17, it was $8,003 dollars per wolf so far.”

Linky Link to Spokesman Review Article

Yes, the money comes from Hunting Licenses, and My taxes...

And at the same time the legislature is saying we don't have enough money to pay for depredations by elk, deer, antelope, etc...

It could be worse, you could tack on $10 to your hunting license for predator "management," in select areas around small villages, in order to help feed the "needy."

When I lived in the suburbs of Pittsburgh affluent communities would pay to have whitetail deer killed by contracted companies mostly conducting night shoots over bait with suppressed rifles. "Animal Lovers" threw a fit. No one wanted "Bubba" bowhunting in their back yard and most of these places had no hunting ordinances.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back