Caribou Gear

I need better steel

The mild steel I have was taking a beating even from my .222 Remington at 200 yards on Sunday.

I had a 1/2" 12"xz12" piece of steel from an old wood burner. It held up great to everything included a hot 300wsm 180gn TTSX load.

But then my 280AI showed up, I couldn't believe it when the 1st 3 rounds at 300yds punched clean through it. Kinda put a smile on my face though.....

AR500 is the way to go.

Just a word of warning is that AR500 has to be cut with a plasma cutter, not a torch to retain its properties. Its probably not an issue as most people buy it online pre cut, but If were to order a sheet of it be aware of the requirement.

Not gonna test the manhole cover tonite. Mowing the lawn instead. I know, shoulda went shooting. mtmuley

Manhole cover ain't gonna cut it. 200 grain Accubond at 950 yards. Blew right through. No choice but the AR500 I guess. mtmuley

Attachments

• DSCF0535.jpg
    DSCF0535.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 109
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-STEEL...0&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=131472324023&rt=nc

i am telling you just suck it up and order this, beat mine up all weekend with the 200's and zero damage other than paint flying! i will also add the perfect holder is a highway work sign mount (big spring base, orange typically with 2 sign clamps) if your lucky enough to find one laying on the road abandoned.... you hit it and gongs, swings a little then steadys, perfect!

C

Im a Rum man to mtmuley !!
Im sure the steel at the range is heavy duty ...I have been smackin it with 210 noslers with no problem .
Go big or stay home !!

MT.PERCHMAN.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back