Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I have officially found the limit of the "Yeti Bro" culture for me......

I thought Yeti might have the answer to durable camp gear packing boxes.

What I find lacking in most plastic boxes is that they are quite a ways from the oversize dimensions thresholds of length, width, and height of greater than 62 inches

A plastic box roughly 10"x15"x36" will still be able to be checked luggage on an airline. And I can sling two of them them on a packhorse when I get where I'm going .

Exhibit A (61.25 inches W+L+H) https://www.wesourceusa.com/products/rolling-tool-box-32-w-x-17-d-x-12-1-4-h
  • Overall Depth 17 in
  • Overall Height 12 1/4 in
  • Overall Width 32 in

I can buy 6 of these for the same price as one LoadOut from Yeti!

Well 5...once I get the appropo sticker pack

StarterPackWS_bea68eb8-968f-469b-b929-a3f0ddb09783_2000x.jpg

Who has this sticker package? The Yeti-less need to know.

Hmm, so I could buy three of these, or one CO non resident elk tag.....

Tough call......:rolleyes:

I was going through my coolers yesterday, I have a 20, 45, 75 and 115 in addition to a backpack (I just got rid of two hoppers).....then I realized outside of probably $100 in raffle tickets I didn't pay for any of them. I'm thankful for the people that actually buy them.
I am fortunate my father has a pair of the Grandaddy of the Hopper . We pack precooked Frozen meals in them with Dry Ice.

182937441_101555_mp.jpg

Yeti has the greatest marketing team of all time.
This really nails it.
YETI single-handedly developed the "Luxury Cooler" market....read those words again. A cooler became a status symbol....WTF.

Now rewind the clock a decade or so and ask yourself if you would spend over $400 on a COOLER. You can't punch yourself in the face fast enough. Yet, here we are...
Full disclosure, I have a YETI. And a big ass Igloo and some duct taped shitbox of an excuse of a cooler with no name on it. Yeah, the YETI is tough and holds ice well, but I traded a pair of Simms waders for it, so it was the 'right price'. The other coolers work fine too. I can get an entire quartered elk in the Igloo, and I got it for $99 at a second hand sporting goods store. I need to come up with the next luxury _____ market. Ultra premium beer coozies?

Wow, this isn't even a cooler! It's a $300 plastic box. I get the ice retention stuff, etc. But this isn't for that! They're just trolling at this point.

Wow, this isn't even a cooler! It's a $300 plastic box. I get the ice retention stuff, etc. But this isn't for that! They're just trolling at this point.
It is funny because our local hardware store sells Yeti stuff and in a big label on the Go box it says..."This is NOT a cooler." Guess people think that for $300 they are getting more than a glorified tackle box

I would say I am surprised at people spending money like this, but I have seen people come into the shop and spend $15,000 on multiple guns at once.......that they have ZERO idea how they function or what to use them for.......they just "look cool" or they HEARD somebody else had one. Proof that you do NOT have to be smart to be wealthy.

I would say I am surprised at people spending money like this, but I have seen people come into the shop and spend $15,000 on multiple guns at once.......that they have ZERO idea how they function or what to use them for.......they just "look cool" or they HEARD somebody else had one. Proof that you do NOT have to be smart to be wealthy.
When I worked at the ANC Sportsmans warehouse it wasn’t uncommon, weekly, for someone to come in and spend that much money and we’d have to arrange freight for it out to the bush. I think at that time the gun department in the ANC store had higher annual sales than any of the stores in the lower 48. I don’t know what happened after cabelas came to town, if it stayed that busy.

We spent government money to buy a Yeti for our work trips in Nevada. That government money proved to me that my private money was never going to be spent on Yeti. Ice melted just almost as fast as a reg'ler Igloo or Coleman woulda let it melt.

I did buy a $100 Igloo last summer, with money the kids gave me for my birthday. It still hurt to spend that much, but it is a danged good cooler.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time. I texted my one hunting buddy and told him if he showed up to elk camp this year with one I'd use it as an archery target. He has a tendency to buy dumb stuff.

I have no doubt that Yeti is a great cooler for keeping things cold for a long time, but if you’re using it like a beer/drinks cooler and someone is opening it every 30 minutes, I don’t see it being any different than a Walmart special.

I have no doubt that Yeti is a great cooler for keeping things cold for a long time, but if you’re using it like a beer/drinks cooler and someone is opening it every 30 minutes, I don’t see it being any different than a Walmart special.
Or under filling the things. If you buy the biggest cooler you can afford, only fill it up half way, and open it 5 times per hour that ice doesn't stand a chance. This claims about days of ice probably assume it's packed to the gills with no air space and kept shut the whole time basically.

I had a brother in law buy one for a camping trip and it didn't fare any better than the rest of ours for those reasons.

Or under filling the things. If you buy the biggest cooler you can afford, only fill it up half way, and open it 5 times per hour that ice doesn't stand a chance. This claims about days of ice probably assume it's packed to the gills with no air space and kept shut the whole time basically.

I had a brother in law buy one for a camping trip and it didn't fare any better than the rest of ours for those reasons.
The factory ice retention claims also factor in a pre-cooling stage; icing down the cooler several hours before hand, dumping that ice, then putting your items and new ice in

Back