I had an epiphany and joined the dark side

Well I see. Lets not let a few bad apples ruin the whole barrel, I still keep my limit to 50 yards max. even with my disabilities it's a challenge to get that close.
Don't let anyone fool you. The reason everyone, including me, dislikes crossbows is because it just increases the number of people that will participate in archery seasons. Could not care less about anyone elses shot distance. I simply want to see less people at the trailhead. No more complicated than that.

Yes Sir I think you nailed it, yep kinda my thinking,other wise compound bows wouldn't be allowed either (Same debate when the compound came out.)
We would all still be shooting the long bow or recurve bow,and those with Disabilities sitting on the sideline

I just got banned from my state forum for simply mentioning that I feel that crossbows shouldn't be allowed in archery season and that the P&Y doesn't even accept entries from crossbow kills. lol

They are a bit sensitive over on that forum and it is run and moderated by a bunch of Nazi hillbilly rebels who still think the war is raging on. LOL
The mark of a true Southerner: referring to "the war" and everyone knows exactly which one you're referring to.

The mark of a true Southerner: referring to "the war" and everyone knows exactly which one you're referring to.

Come to Georgia and see for yourself. Lol

You would swear anyone between the ages of 65-death was right there with a musket in hand on the firing line. The northern aggression Yankees wronged them all and they haven’t forgotten.

Honestly, it caught me off gaurd when I moved here…. And I’m not easily surprised. Haha

I was like, “But sir, my granddaddy’s granddaddy’s granddaddy didn’t even fight in the war and I’m not like the rest of the northerners”

“You in da union boy!?”

😂😂😂

In California you can only shoot crossbows during rifle season (except disabled). I don’t like our politics but this is actually a pretty good law. It doesn’t add hunters to archery season and crossbows can be fun. My kid whacked a buck with his crossbow and it was great! More challenging than with a rifle.

You would swear anyone between the ages of 65-death was right there with a musket in hand on the firing line. The northern aggression Yankees wronged them all and they haven’t forgotten.

Honestly, it caught me off gaurd when I moved here…. And I’m not easily surprised. Haha

I was like, “But sir, my granddaddy’s granddaddy’s granddaddy didn’t even fight in the war and I’m not like the rest of the northerners”

“You in da union boy!?”

😂😂😂
Been called a Yankee in southern IL many times...

“You in da union boy!?”

😂😂😂
Born, raised and spent my first 35 years south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Always got a kick out of seeing Rebel flags in West Virginia, East Tennessee and North Alabama— all regions that were decidedly pro-Union during the War of Northern Aggression (as many old timer Southerners called it).

True Story. I've seen someone after the fact. They were hunting Illinois with cross bows. During a mid night sight in session in an old barn /shed type thing, someone left their forearm stock thumb sticking straight up.

He is thumb-less now. The story was they could hear the thumb bouncing around the rafters and roof after the shot.

“You in da union boy!?”

😂😂😂
My grandfather said when he was a young man in Louisiana they played Dixie before his high-school sporting events instead of the national anthem. Some of his family initially gave him a hard time for joining the "Union" when he enlisted in the army for WW2.

So, my conclusion of the 4 pages of this thread lead me to indicate that

1.) If you have a crossbow
2.) You still root for the South

You are essentially someone in need of a participation trophy.

Also, this never gets old:

So, my conclusion of the 4 pages of this thread lead me to indicate that

1.) If you have a crossbow
2.) You still root for the South

You are essentially someone in need of a participation trophy.

Also, this never gets old:
Nothing to be alarmed about, just another SEC taradiddle.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back