I had an epiphany and joined the dark side

I was trying to think of something snarky to say... but mostly I'm just frustrated by crossbows in general. Archery season as a management tool is meant to work by limiting success rate. Technology and 'inclusion' have completely gutted that original intention. And that's not limited to an attack on crossbows either. HUMM what is that frustrates you about crossbows ???

Don't kown what happened but my keyboard quit
I'm try to ask what it is about crossbows that frustrate so many???

Don't kown what happened but my keyboard quit
I'm try to ask what it is about crossbows that frustrate so many???
I think it’s the fact that it ups the distance you can kill, thus upping success rates. I have no problem with people that can’t hunt with regular equipment using them.

I was hunting antelope in Nebraska a few years ago, stalking a herd. A guy setup across from me and launched an arrow 140 yards and killed a doe. He was completely able bodied and all but said he didn’t care what he had to do but it was all about killing one. That soured me

I think it’s the fact that it ups the distance you can kill, thus upping success rates. I have no problem with people that can’t hunt with regular equipment using them.

I was hunting antelope in Nebraska a few years ago, stalking a herd. A guy setup across from me and launched an arrow 140 yards and killed a doe. He was completely able bodied and all but said he didn’t care what he had to do but it was all about killing one. That soured me
Well I see. Lets not let a few bad apples ruin the whole barrel, I still keep my limit to 50 yards max. even with my disabilities it's a challenge to get that close.

Well I see. Lets not let a few bad apples ruin the whole barrel, I still keep my limit to 50 yards max. even with my disabilities it's a challenge to get that close.
It's funny that we all like to think humans are inherently good. In my view, we're inherently flawed, greedy, self serving, and generally disinterested in being good stewards of the land. Funnily enough, the biggest countering force to human nature, is social enforcement of a different set of expectations and behaviors. As society turns further away from religious morality, and towards individual fulfilment and satisfaction, you see more and more "bad apples" in the barrel.

I'm not arguing for or against psuedo-christian morality in society, I'm just stating that the old argument of there's a few bad apples out there, doesn't hold the same weight that it used to, because the ratio of "bad to good" has skewed. All of which is to say, reducing equipment restrictions, and counting on self policing of ethics by the individual, is not going to be effective.

I was bowhunting in south dakota a few years ago, got to talking to some locals, that's how they hunted antelope with there vertical bow.

It's funny that we all like to think humans are inherently good. In my view, we're inherently flawed, greedy, self serving, and generally disinterested in being good stewards of the land. Funnily enough, the biggest countering force to human nature, is social enforcement of a different set of expectations and behaviors. As society turns further away from religious morality, and towards individual fulfilment and satisfaction, you see more and more "bad apples" in the barrel.

I'm not arguing for or against psuedo-christian morality in society, I'm just stating that the old argument of there's a few bad apples out there, doesn't hold the same weight that it used to, because the ratio of "bad to good" has skewed. All of which is to say, reducing equipment restrictions, and counting on self policing of ethics by the individual, is not going to be effective.
You sound like a reformed Jehovah’s Witness turned Unitarian.

This is what I get for crawling back into the cesspool :p
Kojak Telly GIF - Kojak Telly Savalas - Discover & Share GIFs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back