MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

I had a crappie 4th

Brittany Chukarman

I wasn't looking forward to fishing today but it turned out all right. We got out early and all the campers slept in. Got on the crappie early and got them before any boats showed up. Finished the day with a little catfishing.

half the crappie catch and the cats

Attachments

• IMGP0244.JPG
    IMGP0244.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 80
Still shallow or in the weeds? Nice catch!

23-26' deep in 38' of water. For the most part these fish had recovered from the spawn and are now feeding on crappie fry. A big 14" female was busting with ripe eggs and a 11"er was leaking eggs.
Same here. It's hard to target them when they're suspended, so I use slip bobbers and adjust the depth. Nice catch!

Were you fishing near Richland? To get Crappie I go to Prineville Res. 10" is a good fish but water really low this year and simply not getting many. Son like's to fish the John Day for cats, near home. If he get's one a night he's done well! He only goes at night. Not a lot of fishing around here for cat's other than bull heads and they eat pretty well!

Were you fishing near Richland? To get Crappie I go to Prineville Res. 10" is a good fish but water really low this year and simply not getting many. Son like's to fish the John Day for cats, near home. If he get's one a night he's done well! He only goes at night. Not a lot of fishing around here for cat's other than bull heads and they eat pretty well!
Yes, Brownlee Reservoir. Crappie are coming on good and cats have been good for a month now.
Today's box. There's 10 5lb average cats below the crappie and a 15" crappie below the cats

Attachments

• IMGP0246.JPG
    IMGP0246.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 11
Nice haul...A buddy and I did the same Friday morning. We were putting in at the same time a bowfishing boat was leaving and there was only one other boat on the lake. Ended up with 35 crappie and 5-6 catfish.

Yes, Brownlee Reservoir. Crappie are coming on good and cats have been good for a month now.
Today's box. There's 10 5lb average cats below the crappie and a 15" crappie below the cats
That jumbo sticks out to me! Nice mess of fish!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back