Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I give up

Bigjay73

The dams have already been built. Emissions from when they were built are irrelevant now. What about all the pollution to remove them? What are the actual emissions created from running these hydro plants now. That’s all that matters. This climate warming now change BS is getting old.

Funded by a company in support of removing dams.

Truly shocking results.

My guess is the “scientists” favorite lightweight puffy just happens to be Patagonia.

Completely unbiased.

Consider the source.

Researchers from the group, which advocates for dam removal, used a data analysis and modeling tool called All-Res to estimate the lifetime emissions of the four Lower Snake River Dams. All-Res estimates include every greenhouse gas likely to have been emitted from the construction of each of the four dams during the 1960s and ’70s, reservoir creation, changes to surrounding habitat and operating the hydropower systems over time. Funding to develop the modeling tool came from the nonprofit outdoor clothing company Patagonia, which also advocates for dam removal.

I hope you guys put the same level of skepticism into reports funded by dam interests that say how great the dams are and how low impact they are

I hope you guys put the same level of skepticism into reports funded by dam interests that say how great the dams are and how low impact they are
I do, and as a result of your post did some more reading on them. I still just don't buy that a dam built in a responsible location with the right features (ie. Fish ladders,etc.) are not a fantastic idea. The power/water/erosion/recreation outweighs all the debatable downfalls in my eyes. I'm pretty biased though since I like to walleye fish.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back