Caribou Gear

I Get To Go Elk Hunting Again

Malbo

I lucked out this year with 2 points. This will be my second Elk hunt and I am grateful for the opportunity. It's the same hunt I harvested my first Bull in, late rifle after Thanksgiving in AZ. I hope I can get it done again. I do feel for the guys with that are accumulating points and I promise to hunt hard. It will be tough since there are 475 tags. I am currently a student so hopefully my professors will understand and allow me to miss a couple classes. Hopefully my brother Dalbo and Chucky D can make it also.
My first Bull was a little guy, so I am hoping to get a bigger one so the meat doesn't run out so fast. I know the big ones are in there and I have a few spots in mind, and I have been able to get to know the unit really well. Let the scouting begin!
Elk10_zpsd4757055.jpg

Last edited:
congrats on the tag! I too, get to go elk hunting again. only took me 6 years. late rifle also. going to be hard to top my last two bulls, but i'll sure have fun trying.

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
I skipped classes to go fishing when I was in college. Looking back, that was a much better use of my time than going to class. I should have gone more often. ;-)

I skipped classes to go fishing when I was in college. Looking back, that was a much better use of my time than going to class. I should have gone more often. ;-)

I "attended" college in Gunnison, CO. Units 55, 54, 67, Gunnison river, Taylor river, Blue Mesa Reservoir, Black Canyon, Monarch and Crested Butte ski areas. My major? Recreation:hump:

Took me 6 years to complete my degree, cuz I didn't go Fall quarter. Good luck, Malbo, kill a bigger bull than last time.

Elkduds... I almost went there for the same reasons, but finally decided the cost of out of state tuition was too high for me not to attend class. Stayed home and went to school locally instead. Still regretting that one a bit.

Back