Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I drew a NM Oryx tag!

schmalts

It took 5 years but i finally drew the once in a lifetime oryx tag for NM on the white samds missle range. I have been trying for it for a while because it falls during the holiday shut down at work so i dont need to use any Vacation time. Too cool. :D :D

Way to go Pat. Are you going with the rifle, or are you going to try the bow? Best of luck with the other NM tag.

Originally posted by mtmiller:
Way to go Pat. Are you going with the rifle, or are you going to try the bow? Best of luck with the other NM tag.
From what i have heard its pretty open country. I may try with a bow for a day and them shift to the rifle or muzz. Anyone been there that can give me any insight?

There's a couple of guys on MM that went this last year. You probably already saw their topic over there, though.

Oak

Guy in the office shot one on a depredation hunt a few years back. He's a rifle only guy, but said it wasn't too difficult of a hunt. Congrats! That would make a beautiful addition to the trophy collection.

Congrats on the tag! A buddy of mine drew for this hunt and went this past year. Here is his Bull:

106908.JPG

Here is the story of his hunt:

Bobs Oryx Hunt-New Mexico

Thats great Schmalts, a hope you tag a big one.
PLEASE take a boat load of photos and bring back a good story.

Congrats on the tag Pman!!! I got a tag also but its for Africa in 2005
. Best of luck on your hunt!

Way to go and congrats on your next hunt, I sure hope pics and stories will soon be along!!!

congrats on your draw. i have been by there and you can see them off the side of the road. i know a guy in alamagordo who got one a few years ago and he said it is a pretty easy hunt but the shots can be long. i would certainlly take the rifle in case you cant get close enough

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back