I don't think there's any waterfowler's on this board!!!!!

I'm one sort of, not totally, but I have a duck lease. Deer season ends here in Jan. and ducks and geese go through some of February.

Well he||, it looks like there's actually a couple of us that are out there. Season's right around the corner!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Maybe I should rephrase that.. I live for bass fishing but always have a shotgun in my boat for those hand feed ducks and geese...

last year I did pretty good on geese and I wasnt intentionly hunting them.I got 3 in 2 days
day one I caught one with my hand, wanted to see if the boat would catch them and it did.
That same day I had a coot hit me in the face as it bounced off the front end of my boat. Good thing it was just the wing,cause at 70mph the wing hurt like hell. we were in a bass tounry at the time.
Day 2 we just went out to hunt got 2 geese with a gun

Delw

Delw,

A duck in the face is never good, especially at 70 mph..... Just think what that duck was thinking when you gave him the proctology exam. Betcha he decides to fly a little higher for the next couple of days.....

I actually spend a great deal of time out on the water wakeboarding (sorta like surfing behind a boat). Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I could have caught a mallard with my hand, but decided I didn't want to spook them too bad!!!!!!!! It's pretty cool having woodies and mallards summer right here....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last year when Moosie came here to hunt exotic rams, I went duck hunting instead because it was the last weekend of the season and he didn't consult me on when to come down here anyway.

I got 6 ducks in 7 shots.

A personal record.

Heading out tomorrow for a teal/alligator/Redfish/Flounder experience. Hopefully we'll have a smogerishboard feast when its all said and done!!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm a duck hunter, but not a fanatic. I get out 3-5 times a year. I love doing it, but there are so many other animals, birds and fish to go after in what seems like a very short fall season. Around here, most of the puddle ducks are gone by mid-October and then there's Ruffed and Spruce Grouse, Snowshoe Hares, Moose (5 weeks), Bear and Deer. And don't forget the Smallmouth Bass, Walleyes,Brook Trout and Pike.

So MUCH to do and so little time! I also love to take my two daughters along, and they are too young yet to sit in a blind for more than 15 minutes. I take them Grouse hunting instead. the scenery is always changing and there is always something new for them to discover.

Like someone on another board said:
"Teach your kids to hunt and you won't have to hunt for your kids."

HAve a good season

I'm a duck hunter, but not a fanatic. I get out 3-5 times a year. I love doing it, but there are so many other animals, birds and fish to go after in what seems like a very short fall season. Around here, most of the puddle ducks are gone by mid-October and then there's Ruffed and Spruce Grouse, Snowshoe Hares, Moose (5 weeks), Bear and Deer. And don't forget the Smallmouth Bass, Walleyes,Brook Trout and Pike.

So MUCH to do and so little time! I also love to take my two daughters along, and they are too young yet to sit in a blind for more than 15 minutes. I take them Grouse hunting instead. the scenery is always changing and there is always something new for them to discover.

Like someone on another board said:
"Teach your kids to hunt and you won't have to hunt for your kids."

HAve a good season

Back