Hurricane Ida

This is the most frustrating part of living in the gulf south, watching these things form and having to deal with them. Wish the best to all in its path.

I'm afraid this one may reset the bar. Hope I'm wrong. But it's taking the track that everybody said would have made Katrina a worst-case scenario and is coming ashore stronger.

Hope all HTers in that part of the world stay safe!

It’s going to be a bad one. We lived through Katrina and it was bad, even though we were a couple hours inland. Prayers for everyone in the Path of this storm.

Prayers for everyone’s safety. I’ve never had to go through anything like that so I can only imagine. You all stay safe.

So my wife and her best freind are in NOLA... my wife had surgery on Tuesday and was just discharged from the hospital yesterday. She's currently holled up in a new hotel downtown. No power only lights, but sms is still up. She is ok at the moment and was doing well but wasn't scheduled to be cleared to fly home until Saturday. They couldn't get out Friday before.

We can prepare for anything here but the weather. I think there will be far less damage than Katrina. Much of the infrastructure is new and they learned a lot from that mess.

There are a bunch of security guards from the WW2 museum at her hotel. They feel as safe as they could.

So my wife and her best freind are in NOLA... my wife had surgery on Tuesday and was just discharged from the hospital yesterday. She's currently holled up in a new hotel downtown. No power only lights, but sms is still up. She is ok at the moment and was doing well but wasn't scheduled to be cleared to fly home until Saturday. They couldn't get out Friday before.

We can prepare for anything here but the weather. I think there will be far less damage than Katrina. Much of the infrastructure is new and they learned a lot from that mess.

There are a bunch of security guards from the WW2 museum at her hotel. They feel as safe as they could.
Hope she gets home safe soon.

Praying for the folks down near the coast and in the direct line of fire father inland. Our supervisor that lives in Houma is riding it out. So far so good as of an hour ago. Both sups in Baton Rouge stayed, so far so good for them as well as of an hour ago, but the worst is just hitting there. I am worried about New Orleans. We spent months there after Katrina and I swore I was never going back but...

I think we are going to be fine here at home. It looks like the track is carrying it east of here. I am relieved for that. Laura was a Cat 1 when it came over here last year. We were just in the east side of the eye. No way I would want to ride out anything stronger than that. I left for Lake Charles 4 days after the storm and was gone for 6 weeks, then Montana, then deer season at home, then back in Lake Charles for another 7 or 8 weeks starting mid January. I am still not caught up from Laura. I know it is selfish but it will be much easier to be down south if our stuff at home isn't tore to heck and back.

The plan for now is for me to be in Baton Rouge sometime Wednesday to start getting the ball rolling on the companies in-state recovery efforts. On the bright side, someone else is dealing the folks coming in from out of state this time, which will relieve some stress from my job.

I was hoping we weren't gonna be dealing with all this on back to back years. At least it didn't hit Lake Charles again. Everyone I know down there had some huge pucker factor going on this week. Those poor folks...

Best to all in the line of fire. One thing to say about living in the mountains. If you steer clear of lightning, everything else weather wise is manageable.

Dang! Hope everything works out for them. Sounds like rain and flooding are going to be a problem. I think things are better prepared after Katrina.

It’s a mess. The videos I’ve seen from the boats aren’t good. Major transmission tower collapsed and all 8 transmission lines are laying across the Mississippi River. Sunken equip all over the place. That damn thing skirted the river for miles and just piss pounded the area. One the boats we charter clocked 130mph wind this evening before his windows blew out. And that was 7+ hrs after landfall. Thank goodness all of the crew members are safe. Praying for everyone down there.

With how the tropical depression was for us here in PA I can't imagine Louisiana. We were pummeled with rain after having torrential rain last week. Sections of the Lehigh River here in Lehigh County are now flowing at 45,300 cubic feet per second. Evacuations have been taking place along the river.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back