PEAX Equipment

Hunttalk Sceen Names

I got my name from the NUT and it just part of it for the board.

use to go by snoodsboss and one day logged on here and Nut changed my name. so it been The Viperess for a while now.

I have always had fantastic night vision, genetic thing...(too many rods and too few cones), when I was inducted into the Marines they noted this and I had some specialized training. Lets just say i moved around alot at night without the need of alot of equipment.

So it was my callsign.

Noc= nocturnal, night, darkness
Hawk=bird of prey

It is self explanitory, but I am amazed at the number of folks who do not know that Noc is a word for night... it is used by medical personal, grave yard workers, lots of things, instead of saying night they say noc.

NocHawk.....I thought it was a misspelled description of a body part.

When I was in the USMC & ran with motorcycle enthusiasts my nickname was Slim, and now I live in Az.

Never did fit since I was 6'2" and 230 when it got hung on me, now I dress out around 260.

JB said:
NocHawk.....I thought it was a misspelled description of a body part.
That's funny, I remember when I saw that as a new member. It was about the same time everyone else was making up fake names and I thought it was just another smart ass NoChawk. Sorry. Good to know the truth.

name

I came on the boards as a hounddogger that had just bought a redbone pup out of Texas just over seven years ago. That young dog's mother was out of the Rockin Red Kennels from Texas and the stud dog was a famous coon dog from Missouri.hump My grandfather Ike was a blacksmith from southwestern Missouri, so I named that hound "Ingram's Rockin Red Ike," which kinda connected the hole thing for me....thus Ike it was!|oo

ike

Attachments

• ikeonwood.jpg
    ikeonwood.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 68
well... there are too many nitehawks, nighthawks,sparrowhawks, seahawks, ect so it just stayed nochawk on everything

you military guys know how they like to give everything a call sign... we had alot of greek and roman mythology guys... Zues, Apollo,Herc,ect... depending on what your job in the unit was.

The wonders from the wild blue younder have all the cutesy names... but what would you expect from bus drivers and squids....LOL:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back