Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunttalk Sceen Names

guppie9

I have been looking at everyone's screen names lately and there are some interesting names here. I was just curious as to what made you choose your name? I know that some of them are obvious, while others are much more subtle.

I'll start.

When I was in my teens/early 20's I had hair halfway down my back and was in a metal band. (Hey it was the late 80's...gimme a break!) Anyway, I wanted a promotion at work, so I cut off all my hair. I also traded in my POS truck and bought a new car. My buddies gave me all kinds of grief and accused me of selling out and wanting to be a yuppie. My best friend said I wasn't good enough to be a yuppie, and that I was only a guppie. The name kind of stuck and I have used it for my computer handle ever since. I often stick a 9 on the end as it is my lucky number.

Anyone else want to share???

Mine is just the first letter of my name attached to my last name. Wish I had a cool story, oh well.

Maybe somebody will give me a nickname later in life.

mine is my old license plate i just added the U to it on puter, no cool story here either

My screen name was solely a result of the time of year I first started posting on forums. It was late spring and the rockchucks of Idaho were foremost on my mind.... hence the longshot...If it had been summer, I would have chosen a scouting related name, early fall, an archery name, early spring, a shedhunting name...well, you get the drift.

...all I could afford at the time was a used Suzuki Intruder 1500...the name was a comeback to all my harley buddies ribbing...15 years & two h-d's haven't changed it.

My nickname is B, and while playing basketball overseas, I had a black teammate that you would always say " Yo B you B Killin' yo " So hence the name B-killin.

My wife and I were at SeaTac airport getting ready to board an airplane to fly to New Mexico. I'd gotten a T-shirt for my 30th birthday that had a picture of Curly from the 3 stooges on it and my wife was wearing it. Some lady asked her if it was a picutre of her husband. I was standing next to her and I didn't think there was any resemblance. :confused:

Curly is the middle one below.

Attachments

• Stooges3.jpg
    Stooges3.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 200
I know that some of them are obvious, while others are much more subtle

Well, I guess mine is obvious, no story behind mine either.
Dixie = Being from the south
Lady = That's what I am or at least try to be :D

Whiskers, always had a beard. It was real long until about 5 years ago, then my wife said that bushy beard made me look old....heck, I thought it was the gray hair, and being 50 that made me look old. So I cut it back to a goatee, and guess what..I still look old.|oo :(

I was Outdoorschick on MM because I liked being outdoors. After I moved in with Wasington Hunter, I changed it. He had changed it to Wh at one time, but he has since changed it backto Washington Hunter....

I am afraid my handle has no real story behind it eaither.

Stilllearning just seams to be a fact of life with me. I am also afraid to stop learning as someone once told me "If you don't learn somthing new everyday ...... your dead."
Now I am scared to stop learning somthing new everyday.

WH's OutdoorsChick said:
I was Outdoorschick on MM because I liked being outdoors. After I moved in with Wasington Hunter, I changed it. He had changed it to Wh at one time, but he has since changed it backto Washington Hunter....

...thanx, that one really had me vexed.:D

I live in a house full of women, hell even the dog was female. I had to keep my manhood some how, and I hunt, so,,,Hunterman it washump ..Besides my wife came up with it:cool:

Hunterman(Tony)

1st and last initials....someone else had CJ so I had to double it... No I don`t stutter.... Moosie can you give me CJ? that other guy has left the building.

Back