HuntTalk Fantasy Football 2013

The air up there in 1st place must be prrrretty thin - you are getting delirious! You are right. 101 yards in the first half out of your QB would probably result in a gut shot, because you are already running out of steam! I'll leave a nice blood trail for you. Unfortunately all you will find is da bears secondary laying wood and completing the clear cut of the remaking stands of the Packers wide receiving core...Oops...was that an interception?!

Last edited:
Luckily football doesn't have double headers or the Red Rifle might throw a few more interception on Sunday. But, thats ok, didn't expect him to do much anyway. All I need to do is kick back until Monday night and watch Jordy Nelson set a new NFL record of 6 TD's while I eat some smoked bear brats.

Hey, anyone looking to trade for a WR? I have Justin Blackmon who tore the field up 2 weeks ago against the Broncos. I would be willing to trade him for some old halloween candy with some rusty nails in it.

Hey, anyone looking to trade for a WR? I have Justin Blackmon who tore the field up 2 weeks ago against the Broncos. I would be willing to trade him for some old halloween candy with some rusty nails in it.

You're not asking enough for him...what about razor blades and contaminated hypedermic needles?

I am avoiding all trash talk as it was predicted I'd go 0-12 after the draft and i'm now 5-4 i'd hate to jinx that ;)

Yeah, I'm not really a trash talker. Just thought that I have been playing with you guys for half a season and haven't gotten to know anyone yet. Thought I would throw something out there.

Now being a Packer fan I have to root against one of my own WR tonight so that Dainer doesn't crush me.

EXPLAIN THIS: I have Grankowski on my team. He gets off the DL and I figure, first game, I'll keep him on my bench.... wrong... 35 points. The second game I play him against Miami...wrong...5 points. This week I bench him....wrong... 26 points!!!!

This guy is really gettin' on my nerves :(

the dog

I got the Yahoo email update today, turns out I scored the most points of any team so far this year, too bad it normally takes me 4 weeks to equal 170 points. Most likely back to reality next week.

So I just saw who I play this week, Grizkings I feel bad for you ;) 5 in in a row here we go

Heh, I feel like the red headed step child this year... :p
I lost my main QB Aaron Rodgers possibly beyond week 13.

Josh Freeman to the rescue... :W: :eek:

Ya, this game will be brutal.

Ok, the fantasy FB gods have it in for me. 4 weeks ago I was sitting in first place in the league feeling pretty good about my team. Then my beloved Packers started to go down, First Randall Cobb out for the year (my best receiver), then Aaron Rodgers gets hurt which makes Jordy Nelson just another white receiver. So, I go on a 4 week losing streak. Thanksgiving comes, and my team appears to pick up the pace. Thursday I get 50 some points out of my qb and rb and I'm thinking, well finally.

So Sunday rolls around, It's December 1st, I get up all early, take my youngest on a cow elk hunt (we see 2 cows, 2 bulls, 100's of deer and 2 flocks of turkeys but no shooting) as I'm about home I look up my score on the smart phone and I am up by 70 points with pointingdogsrule only having 2 players left. Sure, I am going to win, I can feel it. No way in hell is Peyton Manning and Eric Decker going to score that many points. I unload the truck and sit down to watch the Bronco-Chiefs game.

Well Pointingdogsrule. After the first TD combo I thought, well, that sucks. After the second TD combo I thought, well, that really sucks. On the 3rd TD combo I thought, now this is just bullshit. On the 4th TD combo I thought you were just rubbing it in. Peyton and Decker combined for 96 points. For the last few weeks that alone would have beaten my whole team.

Jorgy: My team was like a turkey on Thanksgiving day... you could have stuck a fork in me, I was done. I almost fell over after I saw what Decker & Manning did.

I think that this may put me into the playoffs. First time that has ever happened.

good luck to all
the dog

Here are the final regular season standings.

Here is the schedule for the 1st round of the winner's bracket playoffs.

Here is the consolation bracket playoff schedule.

Thanks again to everyone who participated this year, it has been a good time,

So last week I had a "BYE WEEK" ....... and scored 157 points..... I might as well kiss this coming week good-bye and just concede the game to DWarcher :) What a screwed up playoff system... DWarcher is in my bracket, however, it says I'm playing Selkirk from another bracket.... unusual????

good luck to all
the dog

Last edited:
Unusual indeed. I think the logic here is the top seed plays the lowest seed in the semi's so you're stuck with me. Initially I thought it was a bracket too.

I'd wish you luck, but I'm going to need it. :)

Correct, there are no "brackets". This week it is 1 vs 6, 2 vs 5, 3 vs 4. I will post up some screen shots soon from last weeks action, along with the matchups for this week!

Correct, there are no "brackets". This week it is 1 vs 6, 2 vs 5, 3 vs 4. I will post up some screen shots soon from last weeks action, along with the matchups for this week!

No real need to do that.:mad::(

Another week of fantasy football has come and gone. Unfortunately for pointingdogsrule and myself, a couple of upsets managed to appear before week 15 left town.

#6 DWarcher beat #1 dainer =122.77 to 107.20 (Thanks Justin Tucker! I noticed DWarcher beat me week #1, Week #12, and week #15..)

#5 Selkirk beat #2 pointingdogsrule = 127.33 to 108.83

#4 jabber beat #5 bennett454 = 123.10 to 117.47

#8 Team Lienies beat #9 sawtooth = 144.33 to 79.00

#11 UIVandal beat #7 Huntbux = 120.90 to 115.73

#12 GrizKings/Sytes beat #10 Grimm Reapers = 82.87 to 76.67

CHAMPIONSHIP
#5 Selkirk vs #6 DWarcher

3RD PLACE GAME
#1 dainer vs #2 pointingdogsrule

Had fun this year, thanks.

Just feel bad that my team choked at crunch time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back