HuntTalk.com Duck Hunt 2004

Moosie

Grand poopa
Here's the Deal.

Fly in Thursday Jan. 15th, 2004. (Probably into Lafeyette (SP?) Hunt Friday, Sat, Sunday Morning.

Price, $220/Day. Plus $25/Day lodgeing.

You need your Gun/Ammo and Hunting stuff. You'll also need food and transportation if you want a few can Split the cost of a rental. Tips are also not included.

The limit for Geese is like 20 a DAY !!! They also yield large numbers of Pintails, Mallards, Teals, Gadwalls, Widgeons, Shovelers, White Fronted Geese, Specs, or Blue & Snow Geese. We're working out a deal for the Pheasant/dove/chuckar hunts too.

This is for the Serious Duck/goose hunters.

Alright, Talk to me so I can Book the dates.

We'll want Deposits in by Months end (Or at least a Definate "YES" and I'll cover ya
tongue.gif
to firm up the dates.

It's actually 100$ for the Duck/goose nonres license. for the 3 day~er. there is a $25 one we need to get and a $75 one.

It sounds like alot but I'm knowing it's WELL Worth it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Typical Blind.. Look closely and you can See the hunters...

gooseblind.jpg

Here is a picture of the Inside of the Duck/good blind :

gooseblind1.jpg

Here is some guys on the Top of the Goode blind after a few birds were dropped.

gooseblind2.jpg

Here is a Field goose blind... It can hold enough guys to take care of a group.

GooseC.jpg

Can Anyone see any Geese in this picture ?!?! HEll, I can't *SMILE*

GooseA.jpg

HAppy hunters... Just like We'll be !!!!

GooseB.jpg

Wow, here's how to get a limit at a place like that. If a bird falls, yell out, "I got him." If a bird flys by, yell out, "you missed him." I got a friend who's like that. He even did it on a wounded bird, it started falling and he yelled out, "I got him!", then the bird recovered and took off again before it hit the ground and he yelled out, "you missed him". Also, don't shoot toward your neighbors ear. Don't yell "duck" and expect him to get out of the way. Just a few tips I've picked up.
fight.gif
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

TOM.. You hunt with some Wierdos
wink.gif

No, there will be NO Bird Hogging, We will have Fair shooting. If there is a HUGE group, the ledft shoots the Left ones and The right shoots the Right ones.. the guys in the Middle... YEP, good gues, Shoot the Middle ones. We'll also say (if only 2 come in lets say) that Mr/Mrs "X" gets first shot, then the Group can Unload after that. Then the next two shoot at the next group.. Something liek that. I've been hunting many a times.. Errr Let's say a few times
wink.gif
And have NEVER had any problems calling the birds, Hell, Haf the time people are giving birds they shot away to someone else so they're limit doesn't fill up first and they can keep on shooting, thats the Problems we have here
biggrin.gif

YES Delw, I'm guessing we can Add a few late arivals. I'm just needing about 6 to book our weekend up. But I think we're covered.

When is the drawing for the free duck hunt going to be.

I'm about 85% sure I'm going. Should be sure before the end of the month.

Nut are you coming thur Tn of I-75. We can ride down there together. Maybe we can talk Flipper in to going.

MEAThead.. It will be in the Next Newsleter (Oct.).

JB, Will be good to hunt with you. YOU bringing anyone else over or is it just you ?

Moosie,

Just me for sure but I'll let ya know!
Any special rules besides steel shot and a plug in the gun?

I'll bring a cooler (I'm feeling lucky)
biggrin.gif

Do ya use #4s or #6s for geese? ... I've never shot one
confused.gif

WELL... I use 3 1/2" T shot.... Sometimes Tripple BB's ... I use 2 shot for Duck, and 4 and 6 for Pheasant.... MAybe I use a bit too much ?!?!
biggrin.gif

Nothing special ya need to know. PLUG, Steel and warm cloths.

And hell YA bring a few Coolers.. I can send My birds home with ya too... That is, if you have Room after the 2 elk hunts you're going on this year
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

YOU USE 3-1/2Ts ???????
I guess they dont have to come in for you to shoot em? You just reach right out and knock em out of orbit?

I have a couple of boxes of 3" T, but that stuff looks like BUCKSHOT!

Ive got coolers Moosie, But YOU need to stop by here and wack a whitetail, your flying into New Orleans ,,,right?

I was thinking about Flying into Laffeyette (SP?) MAybe I'll do New Orleans and have ya pick me up on the way ? There might be another guy or two though from here... What ya drivin ?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I like BIG guns and Big Women.... Unfortunately my wife isn't Big
wink.gif
(That was a Compliment dear, I know you're reading
eek.gif
)

PS, JB, MY phone still isn't ringing
confused.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads