Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunting with a Disability

An amazing story of triumph. I long for the day to be able to do the same with my oldest son. Unfortunately we have yet to find a diagnosis for him after 8 years of trying.

Most people say they they take their kids hunting.. you REALLY take your kid hunting.

Great story !!! Awesome pictures and way to go !!

not much I can say, cuz it's been already said, and IB is right she's a beautiful girl with the determination of a wolverine to boot and truly an inspiration---good job mom and dad and great job Shelby---

Way to go! You and your family have a love for the outdoors no doubt. I have the utmost respect for your willingness to over come any obstical to get out and make memories.

Last edited:
Every time I have a bad day and start complaining about trivial things I think of her and what she has to go through on a day to day basis and realize I have nothing to complain about. She is my true inspiration!!

I think after reading this we all can say that!! Like others have said, this is the best story I have read pertaining to hunting or anything else. I hunt alot with my kids and we have a special bond now and what you have done for her in not giving up on her shows a love that so many parents lack these days. Both you and your daughter made my day! You have what alot of familys don`t, a beautiful family with a lot of love!

What a beautiful young lady and obviously one hell of a fine shot too.

Congratulations to her on her fine shooting accomplishments!

Her hard work and drive will take her a long ways in the future, of that I am sure.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

All right Big Fin...I want a hunting episode with this father and daughter in it!! :D

Truly an inspiration!! And good luck on her quest for a moose, and big horn!!! Gotta agree that it sure would be a great hunting show!!

Last edited:
You are all Incredible! Thank you for sharing. Good Luck and keep the stories coming! Those are some awesome deer and pictures.

Wow. What more to say.

That story and those pictures are some of the most powerful words/images I have seen on this, or any other, hunting site.

Congrats to you and Shelby for not letting the challenges deter her from her goals. Inspiration has been used many times in this thread. I can think of no other word to adequately describe your and Shelby's commitment.

After I swallow the lump in my throat, I will come back and read this thread to give me a true perspective of what is important in life. Thanks so much for sharing this story with us.

I am glad to see that hunting is a special time to further strengthen what must already be some very strong bonds between your family.

Antler king said:
Every time I have a bad day and start complaining about trivial things I think of her and what she has to go through on a day to day basis and realize I have nothing to complain about. She is my true inspiration!!
And to see her with that incredible smile! Your story and remembering her smile with stick with me when I feel like b!tchin...

One of the best stories I have read here - yet. Thanks for sharing!

edit: nice buck btw! Grats!

Some people don't even know they are handicapped.. .. Your daughter is proof!...That story with pics just makes me feel GREAT!

To see her with you and Mom....well ... pics are priceless.

Last edited:
wow, I don't even know what to say. Other than the fact that I had to walk away a few times just to keep reading.

This is by far, the BEST post or story I have ever read. To me this is so much more than a story about a guy taking his kid hunting, I think hunting is just a part of what this family is about, overcoming any obsticle with heart is what I am taking away from it.

Thankyou shelby for making my day a whole lot better. Good luck to the family on everything you do.

And BigBin, to me nothing says "on you own adventures" Like this.........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back