Caribou Gear

Hunting video music

Oak

Expert
I'm wondering where you guys that produce your homemade hunting videos find background music? Do you buy it on-line? Anybody know if you can use stuff that's bought on I-tunes, etc, for videos (wondering about whether the file format can be used)? I'm thinking instrumental stuff, not regular songs with vocals.

Schmalts hired the two “Dueling Banjos” guys from the movie “Deliverance”. I’m not sure if he hired them for the music or something else.
They are out in the desert right now with him and AZ, can you say “Squeal like a pig “ ?

Oak:

When you buy it on I-tunes, the fine print says only for personal use, no other use. So, if you are using it for your own personal activity, should not be a problem. If you use it for other purposes, distribute with intent to promote or sell, problems are headed your way.

If you Google "royalty free music" you will come up with a lot of hits for stuff that you can get. Some are cheap downloads, some are pay by the CD, etc. You will find many options.

Depending upon which editing software you use, most any music file can be imbedded into the video clip.

Schmalts hired the two “Dueling Banjos” guys from the movie “Deliverance”. I’m not sure if he hired them for the music or something else.
They are out in the desert right now with him and AZ, can you say “Squeal like a pig “ ?

I think down were he is, they are more likely to hear "La Cucaracha"

YAh, As long as it's not For RE-sale.... Use whatever you like. Otherwise, make sure you have permission like BigFin said. Most software does have music. I used Pinnicle software and it has "Smart music" thats the best way to go. It starts and ends a song withing the clipsize, no need to edit it. From 10 seconds to 5 minutes. The same song has a longer middle but starts and ends atthe right point automatically.

Wow, most of that royalty-free stuff isn't cheap, is it?!:eek:

Thanks for the info.

My buddy Troy's wife is one of the programmers at FoxPro calls. He has deliverence on his FX3 he uses it to call Hillbillies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back