Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunting TV celebrity busted

Kenetrek says they will have nothing more to do with this show. The Sportsman Channel might try and spin it now but once the money dries up they will see the light too.

that is what attorneys are for,to handle those kind of problems head on,if you can afford one,then by all means use on.
those people at fish and game are not on our side,most have there own aggenda,and most would just as likely get ride of hunters,as they would eat there dinner every night,atleast here in oregon they are like that,dont get me wrong,poaching is something that makes me mad,but fish and game are not honest,and do not have hunters issues in mind.:)

Wow.........

I found this over the weekend ....
April 5, 2012

Bob Beck, host of "Extreme Outer Limits" on the Sportsman Channel, made several statements to us about the legal trouble he found himself in after bagging two white-tail deer during a televised 2010 Idaho hunt. He said in part:

1. The violation was merely an administrative mistake.

2. He is sorry he made this mistake.

3. He repeatedly implied he has cooperated fully with Idaho Fish and Game.

4. He has publicy refuted media reports on our radio show that his hunting priviliges are revoked in 36 other states due to his guilty plea in this case.

We attempted to ask Bob Beck more questions about this situation but he said on the advice of his attorney and the network he can't comment. He also made several other comments in another blog post at www.northwesternoutdoors.com.

That's when we decided to reach out to Dave Overman, a Senior Conservation Officer and Regional Investigator for Idaho Fish and Game. Overman confirmed Bob Beck never purchased a second tag for the deer he shot in November of 2010 even though he said he did so on the TV episode this violation aired on. Overman said Beck never contacted Fish and Game investigators until an investigation started 10 months after the incident and his show had already aired. Even then, it wasn’t Beck who spoke to investigators. Instead, it was Mr. Beck’s attorney, learning that witnesses were being contacted, who reached out and contacted an Oregon State Police Trooper assisting with the Idaho investigation. In fact, Mr. Beck has never personally spoken to the lead investigator of this case.

Regarding his comments about being allowed to hunt in the other 36 states that are part of an Interstate Compact – Overman simply replied, - "Mr. Beck’s statement is not factual." Overman went on to explain that Beck will have to contact each individual state that is part of this interstate hunting compact to get his hunting rights back.

Hunters make mistakes, that is understood. However, how a hunter handles mistakes dictates in large part how others view him as a person and sportsman. Mr. Beck had to have known shortly after he shot his second deer he didn't have a tag for it. Why he didn't do the right thing and contact Idaho Fish and Game about it right away I don't know. Why he did the dumb thing and put the violation on television for the world to see is beyond me. One thing Ido know though...The whole episode puts Beck's statements, and ethics as a hunter, in a questionable light at best.

JK
Clarification
Overman went on to explain that Beck will have to contact each individual state that is part of this interstate hunting compact to get his hunting rights back.

"Mr. Beck should contact each of the compact signing States to verify his hunting priviledge status prior to purchasing a license in that State. Each individual member State will administer their own portion of the compact program" Would be a better statement.
http://www.northwesternoutdoors.com/Blog/page1/2012/04/05/40dd6c33-aa0b-4bcf-9465-bd0ab862f31e.aspx

Last edited:
"Once I realized the problem, I did not compound the problem with any further attempts to try and make my situation worse. Once I was confronted I openly admitted to the mistake." Yea, right, cheat until you get caught and then admit it through an attorney and beg for mercy because it will hurt the bottom line (MONEY!!!), LOL! IMHO you're a class A jerk! For everyone's information, I sent Beck an email in regards to a show last season where they were doing long range shooting just to promote their sponsors when it absolutely wasn't necessary in the terrain on the "high fence" ranch they were hunting. The email response he sent back is not what I would post on this site and we went back and forth with a couple more emails until I finally told him he and the wife were poor representatives of our sport and that I would be contacting some of his sponsors, which I did. He basically told me that he and the wife had to eat and they would do whatever they had to to put the show on TV every week! I guess that includes violating the law because you sure know whether you have a tag to kill an animal BEFORE you shoot it! I caught the start of a few more shows recently just to see what they were doing and noticed that they all seemed to be outside the US border! It wouldn't break my heart if he lost his hunting priviledges for a while in all the Violator Compact States!!! Yes Bob, hunting is a priviledge and what you did was a huge violation of that priviledge. Say hi to Chris, your compadre in crime!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back