Hunting together in the woods

Caseknife

Just curious as to why I keep running into 2-3 guys all packing rifles in lock step going through the woods. This is not any place that would require a partner to call shots, usually in dark timber. Is it a fear of getting lost, unfamiliar country, need companionship or what? I learned years ago that to be quiet in the woods and to sneak up on animals it was best not to make noise. Human nature is when you are in company of another being, you tend to talk. It is harder to hear animals when the other guy is walking when you are trying to listen. If everybody has tags, why not separate and cover more country looking for these elusive creatures, seems that the success rate would go up.

I think its because they are scared of the dark. haha Honestly not sure. I prefer hunting by myself, I can do whatever I want whenever I want and don't have to compromise to appease someone else. Although it is nice to have help when you knock something down.

that's a small group, I feel like 4-6 is more typical, no idea what motivates that other than just general discomfort with being in the woods.
personally I like having friends in camp, I virtually never actually hunt with anyone if I'm also packing a rifle.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back