Hunting Tales - For Kids

teej89

My sister found this as she was looking for some hunting books for my nephew. I thought it was a pretty neat find and I'd share with everyone out there. Man I wish I had these as a kid, I couldn't imagine putting them down though ha!

1587653333531.png

have you read one yet? Are they any good? I know I picked up some youth specific hunting books for my daughter and she wasn't a fan, she prefers actual good writing, even if it's meant for adults. She's 9.

have you read one yet? Are they any good? I know I picked up some youth specific hunting books for my daughter and she wasn't a fan, she prefers actual good writing, even if it's meant for adults. She's 9.

I have not read them, my sister just found them this AM.

I recommend "The Adventures of Wilder Good" series by S.J. Dahlstrom. Volume one is about Wilder's first Elk hunt at age 12.

The series is endorsed by John R. Erickson, author of the "Hank the Cowdog" series. (Every kid should read these.)

My wife is a librarian at a JR/SR High School and she raised three sons who hunt. She looks for positive survival skill books to shelve. She loved the first book in this series as presenting good values and positive hunting viewpoints.
Spoiler, his elk doesn't drop dead right there, so it is not some perfect fantasy story about hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back