Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunting Scared!

highmountian

Man, where do I start. Went out with a buddy this weekend to see if we could round up a buck on the second to last day of general season. We road bikes in about 5 miles trying to put some distance between us and millions of other people. I have not hunted this unit, this late for about 10 years so I new it was going to get busy! For this, I wore an orange hat and shirt.:confused: I really wanted to be seen as there were 3 to 4 guy's on every hill, knob or saddle! Somehow we found ourselves right in the middle of everybody on a good lookout point.;) With this many people out it sure would have the deer moving and we were setting pretty! :D
It was light by about 30 minutes when we found this buck! :) We had a great time and didn't even get shot at! :eek: Thank God for ORANGE!!!!!! We heard around 80 shot's by noon, crazy! :W: :W:

Attachments

• 2010 deer 39 005.jpg
    2010 deer 39 005.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 2010 deer 39 011.jpg
    2010 deer 39 011.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 2010 deer 39 019.jpg
    2010 deer 39 019.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 357
Dang and to think I thought you were talking a bicycle! nice buck by the way

Nice buck and story. I ran into a nice sweet Idaho fellow on my late elk hunt a couple years ago. He proceeded to call me a pumpkin and insult me for wearing my orange vest. He told me every animal around could see me. I was more concerned about the idiots than the animals. I think you were smart and some of those areas down there are a zoo.

Nice! Congrats. Those bikes can come in way handy. We usually bone the deer and then ride out with them...

Nice job guys. I always thought animals could see Orange:) until I started training dogs. I use orange bumpers for running blind retrieves. Dogs cannot see that color at all. This year was the first time I rifle hunted elk in a longggggg time. Had several bulls and cows at less than ten feet and they never picked us out. The heck with camo! Only thing its good for is hiding from other people.

Back