Hunting groups quit CPW’s Colorado Outdoor Partnership, citing lack of focus on wildlife

Not sure the merger is as big as a factor in all of this as the 1st gentleman is. Though to your point, things certainly have been on a downward trajectory for a while. Recreation$$$ > Wildlife
I see you point, but would simply say that the merging of DOW makes it easier for government antihunters to control the board of P&W and guy hunting under the guise of recreation, etc. Same thing happened to the COGCC board when they flooded the board with antidevelopment advocates.

All you have to do is look at the CPW opening web page, sums it up nicely.

The worst part about all of this is the response from the CPW. They literally dismissed it and did not give a rats arse…

They literally said we will replace them with someone else who is more along our woke, recreation anti hunting agenda.

I’m 10
Year 15 year max there will be no wildlife left…

Seems pretty clear, the new guard of CO politicians are going to push hunters and hunting advocacy groups as far away from CPW as possible. In 10 years hunting won’t even be a thing in Colorado.

Gee, I wonder if the same thing will happen in NM if NMWF and the anti landowners get their wishes & go for funds from the state? Take over the way NMG&F is running?
Instead of just what they can run on with cheap R tags?

While I do agree CPW cares more about recreation than wildlife and that would be very frustrating to be a part of that group, I do question the decision to leave. Like if the partnership didn’t consider wildlife enough before, how is removing wildlife advocates from the partnership going to do anything other than hurt wildlife?

While I do agree CPW cares more about recreation than wildlife and that would be very frustrating to be a part of that group, I do question the decision to leave. Like if the partnership didn’t consider wildlife enough before, how is removing wildlife advocates from the partnership going to do anything other than hurt wildlife?
You have a point and that is probably why not all of the conservation orgs have left. However, if you are constantly ignored, why put in the effort? All of these non-profit groups have a limited amount of resources (people, time, money, etc) to spend on their missions. Spending resources on a working group that disregards your inputs, at some point, is not worth it. Better to spend those resources elsewhere.

I think you are being too harsh, you'll probably still be able to hunt private with outfitters...
It won't even take 10 years and plenty of people who hunt happily vote for the side that will do it. Oh well, another state down the drain.

You have a point and that is probably why not all of the conservation orgs have left. However, if you are constantly ignored, why put in the effort? All of these non-profit groups have a limited amount of resources (people, time, money, etc) to spend on their missions. Spending resources on a working group that disregards your inputs, at some point, is not worth it. Better to spend those resources elsewhere.
Their leaving is an ominous sign. They are trying to remove their names from a process they know will result in something very damaging to their cause and if their names remain those who make the changes can say well we consulted with the following stake holders.

Colorado will lose hunting all together very soon.

Not sure the merger is as big as a factor in all of this as the 1st gentleman is. Though to your point, things certainly have been on a downward trajectory for a while. Recreation$$$ > Wildlife
From what I've seen, it's the groups he's tied to, under the radar to some. Thank God Polis is termed out.

From what I've seen, it's the groups he's tied to, under the radar to some. Thank God Polis is termed out.
Now that Polis (He/Him/His/They/Them/Non-Binary, etc/etc) is in his final term, and with Democrat majority in State House & Senate, he can get really stupid with his agenda

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back