Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hunting gear that punches BELOW its price point

I bought the butt-out tool as a gag gift for my uncle years ago. I think it's been passed on to 4 different people now. Definitely got my $10 worth from that one.
I have one and use it on midwestern deer when I am not legally allowed to break them down. I think I paid $5 for the one I have and have use it on probably 10-15 deer. I definitely like it better than sticking my thumb in a deer's arse.

Fishing gear as a genre. I have yet to encounter an outdoor pursuit that is as replete with POS equipment.

Most of my hunting and mountaineering hard goods last at least a decade of hard use... fishing gear doesn't seem to last a week, and price doesn't seem to have any bearing on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer commando knife. The one with the compass for the cap and hollow handle full of matches and saw. One cut and the blade was useless. Even at $10, I got screwed.

Hunting solo I figured I needed help getting an animal off the ground so I bought one of those block and tackled rigs connected to a steel hanger thingie. Cost me about $30. Ever tried to hang an elk in a Juniper tree? A fool and his money...

God bless Randy for the "gutless method " video!
I still have a scar on my finger from this terrible knife. I sure looked cool though...like Rambo slinking from tree to tree creeping up on deer on the Goose River in ND!

When i was a teenager i bought the helicopter and flying lure. Don't think i ever caught a fish on the helicopter lure and i did catch a few in the flying lure, but nowhere near as many as the infomercial said i would
I caught quite a few fish on the Flying lure.

Fishing gear as a genre. I have yet to encounter an outdoor pursuit that is as replete with POS equipment.

Most of my hunting and mountaineering hard goods last at least a decade of hard use... fishing gear doesn't seem to last a week, and price doesn't seem to have any bearing on the situation.
I was walking a fly fishing aisle at a sporting goods store the other day.61332A46-B939-42DB-A72D-EA86F84FB6D5.jpeg
Wtf. Why. Why are these 50 bucks? You have to be autistic to buy these and think they are “better” than nail clippers from the god damn dollar store.

I was walking a fly fishing aisle at a sporting goods store the other day.View attachment 205411
Wtf. Why. Why are these 50 bucks? You have to be autistic to buy these and think they are “better” than nail clippers from the god damn dollar store.
I’ve never bought any nippers but I’ve found enough to probably last my lifetime. None that fancy though

I was walking a fly fishing aisle at a sporting goods store the other day.View attachment 205411
I am a fly fisherman and having trouble with the concept of doing anything to the rod guides that requires nippers.

The fly fishing boys are like the tactical/long range shooting crowd. Brand any gear with a "high end" company name from Boze Angeles and they will buy it. Does it have a use? Doesn't matter. It's got the name.

I have one and use it on midwestern deer when I am not legally allowed to break them down. I think I paid $5 for the one I have and have use it on probably 10-15 deer. I definitely like it better than sticking my thumb in a deer's arse.
You're doing it wrong if you're sticking your finger in the butt.......

Quick story... My fiance has picked up on my sense of humor, which is tasteless to unintelligent people. Anyway, my cousin was gutting his deer and she was walking him through how to do it correctly. As a joke (I'd like to take partial credit), with a serious face told him to put his pointer finger in the deer's butt and pull outward. It makes it easier to cut. So he moves his hand down and just before he sticks his finger in I holler at him to stop... I'm like dude she's joking, don't put your finger in the deer's butt...

Wouldn't have guessed those first two. My buddy uses Havalon replaceable blades and loves them. I have the Diamondback 12x50's and have been happy so far for the price point, but I got them on a pro-deal.
I could probably give you a ballpark of where @fowladdict said he threw that havalon if you would like. Caution he was a pitcher so it probably hasn't landed 😂

the new version Salomon 4d gtx boot, leak like a sieve, about half as stiff as the predesesor, clearly the arent made on the same last, ive owned 8 pairs same boot same size till this year, i wear them virtually everyday and buy a new pair right before hunting season ea year,, the 3d version is even worse,,,,
The previous version were my favorite boots and I have seen a lot of bad reviews like this. We need to find some old stock

Wyoming knife that was a gift from my former in-laws.....

The Montana Sling copy I asked my local saddle maker to make for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back