Hunters Targetted by Animal Rights Extremists

WyoDoug

We are going to see more of this as time goes on unless hunters outnumber them. I personally experienced an animal rights fanatic that got between me and a buck deer I was attempting to shoot. A game warden evidently was following the guy and arrested him and told him right in front of me that if I would of shot him, I probably would not of been charged with anything because he was dangerously getting between hunters and legal game.

Hunters/LEOs 1, A$$hat Losing Freedom 0. If you get to testify, I encourage it. I hope the rest of your hunts go better, Doug.

CO is aggressive in prosecuting interference w lawful hunters. We got that going for us, @ least.

I love the fact that it's illegal for them to interfere with a hunt.
In my part of the world the anti's concentrate on fox/stag hunting with hounds (banned form of hunting by the way) but their focus is spreading to bird hunting (the commercial type) fishing and to a lesser extent deer hunting.
But most wear cameras, so hunters cannot react in any way, not saying that some don't get an occasional 'pasting' sometimes!
Just lately there has been a Government backed Badger cull, the anti's loved that one, but it's carried out at night, and for the most part they can't see any shooters!
Cheers
Richard

Hunters/LEOs 1, A$$hat Losing Freedom 0. If you get to testify, I encourage it. I hope the rest of your hunts go better, Doug.

CO is aggressive in prosecuting interference w lawful hunters. We got that going for us, @ least.

It did LOL. That buck did not go far. I found him about a half mile away on an adjacent ridge.

I thoroughly check my treestands everytime I go to them because of this fear. We haven't had any of these conflicts where i hunt but there is a first time for everything.

I learned the hard way that bear spray is very difficult to get off of you and stop burning.
I'm sure pepper will work just fine, tho.
Cheers

Back