Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunters Targetted by Animal Rights Extremists

WyoDoug

We are going to see more of this as time goes on unless hunters outnumber them. I personally experienced an animal rights fanatic that got between me and a buck deer I was attempting to shoot. A game warden evidently was following the guy and arrested him and told him right in front of me that if I would of shot him, I probably would not of been charged with anything because he was dangerously getting between hunters and legal game.

Hunters/LEOs 1, A$$hat Losing Freedom 0. If you get to testify, I encourage it. I hope the rest of your hunts go better, Doug.

CO is aggressive in prosecuting interference w lawful hunters. We got that going for us, @ least.

I love the fact that it's illegal for them to interfere with a hunt.
In my part of the world the anti's concentrate on fox/stag hunting with hounds (banned form of hunting by the way) but their focus is spreading to bird hunting (the commercial type) fishing and to a lesser extent deer hunting.
But most wear cameras, so hunters cannot react in any way, not saying that some don't get an occasional 'pasting' sometimes!
Just lately there has been a Government backed Badger cull, the anti's loved that one, but it's carried out at night, and for the most part they can't see any shooters!
Cheers
Richard

Hunters/LEOs 1, A$$hat Losing Freedom 0. If you get to testify, I encourage it. I hope the rest of your hunts go better, Doug.

CO is aggressive in prosecuting interference w lawful hunters. We got that going for us, @ least.

It did LOL. That buck did not go far. I found him about a half mile away on an adjacent ridge.

I thoroughly check my treestands everytime I go to them because of this fear. We haven't had any of these conflicts where i hunt but there is a first time for everything.

I learned the hard way that bear spray is very difficult to get off of you and stop burning.
I'm sure pepper will work just fine, tho.
Cheers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back