Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hunters Education Course Help

S13tsilvia

Hi All

Are any hunter education courses valid in Wyoming that you can do completely online? reading through their website it doesn't say anything about it being possible?

Regards Josh
from down under!

Any state will work.

Find a state that has it all online.

Not sure if its changed since Covid, but my friend looked into this last year, he could do it all on-line via another state, but check Wyoming accept it from another state.
Cheers
Richard

With Covid, several states are waiving the in-person field day portions for state residents. Washington state is one, and I believe theirs is open to non-residents as well. I would check to see if Wyoming accepts that one (I would guess they do, but at one time there were a couple of states that wouldn’t accept from a couple of other states for some weird reason. Unlikely but possible).

Yes, I'm pretty sure NY just waived the in-person requirement because of Covid. However, the person in question has to be at least 12 to take the NY course. I had my kids take the Vermont course online because they were under 12 at the time, but that had an in-person day and I'm not sure that's been waived there.

Thanks fellas, seeing as it won't be for a few more years I will keep an eye on it to see if anything changes etc

Hi All

Are any hunter education courses valid in Wyoming that you can do completely online? reading through their website it doesn't say anything about it being possible?

Regards Josh
from down under!
I heard that CO is going online with the whole COVID situation.

Thanks fellas, seeing as it won't be for a few more years I will keep an eye on it to see if anything changes etc
In your situation, and since it doesn’t expire, I would consider going ahead and taking advantage of an opportunity to take a fully online course now since they are available. Normally I *think* nearly every state requires an in-person field day (with the possible exception of adult residents).

I moved to WY last spring from OK. OK has an all online course that will take you a solid 8 hours to complete. Print your certification off when complete. All 3 of my kids did it online. It was just as good as the in class course I took over 20 years ago in CA.

I did an in-person course early this year, but this was before SHTF with Covid-19. AFAIK they do offer a hybrid course which consists of an online classroom portion followed by a single "range day" in person instruction. Its possible WG&F may have waived the "range day" requirement because of the pandemic, but don't quote me on that.

Seriously though I'm glad I did my course when I did, because the lockdowns started less than a week or two after the last class.

Texas is 100% online as well. I forgot the website, but link to it through the Texas parks and wildlife. I believe the site I did it was multi state

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back