Hunter orange and colorado

BillDoe708

I tried a search and failed. Heading to CO in a month ish with a rifle bear tag and a MZ elk tag.

What do you guys attach to your pack to fulfill the hunter orange requirement?

Never hunted Colorado, but I use a blaze orange Kifaru Grab it attached to my pack. I transfer it to which ever pack I’m using no matter what the hunter Orange requirements are.

I keep one of the $3 flimsy orange plastic vests from Wally World in my pack all the time. Very easy to attach through either the buckles or a few pieces of 550 cord.

I use Seek Outside's hunter orange Talon but if you are not using one of their packs, one of the cheap vest can attach pretty easy to any pack.

I tried a search and failed. Heading to CO in a month ish with a rifle bear tag and a MZ elk tag.

What do you guys attach to your pack to fulfill the hunter orange requirement?
They sell cheap mesh orange, or any HiVis that you may have laying around. A lot of construction in this area so that orange is everywhere in goodwill. Strap to pack. 400 sq in. In MT. Nobody messes with you about it really, it’s your own hide you’re covering, after all.

I took scissors to one of those cheap Allen blaze vests from Walmart.
Poked some holes at the corners and feed pack buckles through them. I like that it weighs nothing.
+1, this is probably the cheapest and easiest method

I strap either my blaze orange rain jacket to my pack or if it's raining, my usual vest gets strapped on.

Don't forget, if you prefer pink that's also legal here in Colorado.

Which part of the blaze orange requirements are you referring to? I'll copy the requirements from the CPW website and don't see a requirement for backpacks. Am I missing something?

"Not wear at least 500 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange or solid florescent pink material above the waist on an outer garment while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, or moose during a muzzleloading or rifle season. Part of the fluorescent orange must be a hat or head covering visible from all directions."

I usually do put a piece of blaze orange on my backpack for safety reasons but haven't seen anywhere that it is a requirement. If I am missing something please let me know as I don't want to get a fine for breaking a law I'm unaware of.

Which part of the blaze orange requirements are you referring to? I'll copy the requirements from the CPW website and don't see a requirement for backpacks. Am I missing something?

"Not wear at least 500 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange or solid florescent pink material above the waist on an outer garment while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, or moose during a muzzleloading or rifle season. Part of the fluorescent orange must be a hat or head covering visible from all directions."

I usually do put a piece of blaze orange on my backpack for safety reasons but haven't seen anywhere that it is a requirement. If I am missing something please let me know as I don't want to get a fine for breaking a law I'm unaware of.
If you take the regulations literally then you do not need to have blaze on your pack. "Outer garment" further the "visible from all directions, pertains to the hat or head covering not the vest.

I think the spirit of the law is orange visible 360 on waist and head.

I have not worn orange on my pack ever. While not required, it makes sense since your pack is covering your vest. I have decided to add orange to my pack going forward.

The minimum requirement is a vest and hat. Neither can be camouflage. Both have to be solid blaze orange or pink.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back