Hunter killed by elk

Damn that is crazy, poor guy, thoughts to his family. I've almost been run over a few times when they didn't realize I was there, but never thought of them coming after you.

Sad, but an avoidable tragedy. Wounded animals always present a risk, and should be treated with appropriate caution. More than one hunter has been gored and killed before, and it will likely happen again so long as people don't treat an animal that is not dead yet, with respect. Saw a video yesterday where another idiot got gored by a bison. This time is was a woman who was part of a motorcycle group passing through Custer State Park. She got off her bike, walked right into the herd, and sat down and began taking pictures. Before long she was getting thrown about like a rag doll. The bison hooked her jeans with its horns and eventually tore her jeans right off her. Sounds funny, but watching the video was anything but. Makes you appreciate what a 2000 lb. animal can do to a person. Last year a guy got gored and killed by a whitetail buck.

Very sad, so sorry to the families. The outdoors is never completely safe. No reason to think he did anything wrong. Now the biker woman though...

Sad deal. Several years ago a buddy of mine made a marginal shot on a bull one evening. Same scenario. We went back in the morning and found the bull holed up in a patch of junipers. He was pretty sick but was also super aggressive and made a couple bluff charges before my buddy dispatched him with a second arrow. Never know how a wounded critter is going to react.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back