Huntdata.com

Hatchie Dawg

Anybody use Huntdata.com and if so what do you think?

I'm looking at Big Game CD7 and the Digital Maps set.

Thanks,

HD

Ok, here is my take on the Huntdata maps, digital mapping tools for big game hunting CO. I've used them a couple of days and overall I am pleased. The service is a melding of a lot of the DOW data and then the NDIS mapping data from CSU. My only real complaint to this point is that some of the harvest data for a few of the units has not been updated since 06. I was lucky in that I had already ground the numbers I was looking for.

A really cool feature is the ability to overlay the huntadata maps, including BLM, game concentration, and topo maps over google earth maps, then convert to 3D. It is a neat, and powerful tool.

Summing up, this map/data set puts a lot of information at ones finger tips, and I would recommend it especially for the first timers, but I imagine it would have something to offer most folks.

HD

I like and use the data portion regulalry. As for the maps, I have found them to be lacking and only use them if I really need the sheep/goat/moose kill sites, then I fool with the maps. I have version 7.0 of the software.
Maybe I am out of date and the maps have improved...I have not tried to overlay the maps in google earth. There are other/easier ways to have unit boundaries n google earth...

I got the Digital Map Set along with Big Game 7. The Map Set overlay with Google E is quick and easy and the maps themselves more detailed than the 1:500000 version that comes with BG7. A pretty neat tool so far.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back