Hunt Fish 30x30

mtmiller

Interested in thoughts.

I'm sure someone will correct me if my thoughts are wrong. They are:

• Environmental groups co-opt the term "conservation" from hunters and anglers and use it in place of "preservation" and the like.
  • Said E groups propose "conservation" strategy 30x30.
  • Hunter and angler groups choose to promote the 30x30 strategy by defining the word "conservation" in their own terms.

Not a bad strategy, IMO. Much better than a knee-jerk negative reaction.

I'm sure someone will correct me if my thoughts are wrong. They are:

• Environmental groups co-opt the term "conservation" from hunters and anglers and use it in place of "preservation" and the like.
  • Said E groups propose "conservation" strategy 30x30.
  • Hunter and angler groups choose to promote the 30x30 strategy by defining the word "conservation" in their own terms.

Not a bad strategy, IMO. Much better than a knee-jerk negative reaction.
I have been thinking this same thought for a while. When I was studying conservation management “conservation” meant the wise use of all resources including lumber, oil and gas, critters, etc. now it seems like “conservation” means allowing hunting and fishing but nothing else. And then it often feels like hunting and fishing is included in these plans because the creator of the plan knows that if hunting and fishing is allowed it will gain support and money from the traditional conservation groups, but in reality the end game is what we learned was preservation.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back