MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Howa Superlite

I don’t know that there is a lighter production rifle than this one and certainly not one at that price point. I’m hoping my wife likes it.

Can anyone recommend a Tally one-piece base/ring height for this gun? 40MM VX-3 scope. Without having the gun in hand, I don't know how high the mounts should be for my wife.

Can anyone recommend a Tally one-piece base/ring height for this gun? 40MM VX-3 scope. Without having the gun in hand, I don't know how high the mounts should be for my wife.
I went with the mediums and have no issues with getting proper eye alignment without a cheek riser. Current scope is a VX-2 2-7x33, and there is unsurprisingly plenty of room between the bell of the scope and the barrel - I may switch to a 40 objective in the future and am not worried about clearance with the medium rings.

I went with the mediums and have no issues with getting proper eye alignment without a cheek riser. Current scope is a VX-2 2-7x33, and there is unsurprisingly plenty of room between the bell of the scope and the barrel - I may switch to a 40 objective in the future and am not worried about clearance with the medium rings.

Thank you!

I think the box weighs as much or more than the gun. lol

The guys at the gun shop could not believe how light it was.

Shot a full box of shells through it today. Scrubbed the barrel in between shots as recommended by the manufacturer.

Thats a 7 shot group at 100 yards. Wind was HOWLING left to right. Gonna try again when it isn’t so windy. I’m a bit disappointed in the accuracy but the wind was freaking howling, gun is brand new, I only tried 1st ups of ammo. So I’ll wait before I complain too much.

Very light recoiling rifle for a 5lb-9oz setup.

Cheap ammo. I’ll reload when I get through the second box and see what it will do.

IMG_9188.jpeg

Hornady 139 grain. 7mm-08
IMG_9187.jpeg

Last edited:
I had one in 6.5CM that I won in a raffle. I sold it to a buddy because it’s a right handed rifle.

It is a nice rifle, but I couldn’t get it to group super well. I was averaging about 2.5” groups at 100yd w/ Winchester white box fmj hollow points. The trigger was nice and crisp, somewhere around 3lbs if I recall (I could be misremembering). If it had been a left handed model I’d have kept it.

Shot a full box of shells through it today. Scrubbed the barrel in between shots as recommended by the manufacturer.

Thats a 7 shot group at 100 yards. Wind was HOWLING left to right. Gonna try again when it isn’t so windy. I’m a bit disappointed in the accuracy but the wind was freaking howling, gun is brand new, I only tried 1st ups of ammo. So I’ll wait before I complain too much.

Very light recoiling rifle for a 5lb-9oz setup.

Cheap ammo. I’ll reload when I get through the second box and see what it will do.

View attachment 310650

Hornady 139 grain. 7mm-08
View attachment 310649
I wouldn’t be that upset with that group yet. Especially in a high left-right wind you see the horizontal dispersion being greater than vertical. I’d say that will be shooter.

Back