Yeti GOBOX Collection

HOWA questions here

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Howa Alpine mountain Rifle from "Buds Gun Shop" I have wanted one for a while and finally found one in stock and purchased it, I have been following/ reading review on this rifle for some time and have read always great things. I mounted a Leupold VX5 HD on it, as I was mounting the scope it hit me the bolt and bottom metal for magazine (internal) and trigger guard are not cerakoted? I called Legacy and they took my serial number and told me that my rifle was a newer model/ make and they were not cerakoted, is this accurate?

They told you the rifle you have is a “newer model / make”
Are you sure Buds sent you an Alpine MT rifle? They were discontinued in 2017. All of them that I’ve seen have been cerakoted.

Have a Howa 1500 in with the brown cerakote, had the rifle bedded into a Custom Stock and some of the release agent stuck to the action on the outside, when I tried to clean it off it scraped up the cerakote. Any way to just touch up a few spots of it? It is not horrible looking but defiantly noticeable.

Just purchased a Howa 1500 Hogue Gameking in .270 with a scope package. Bid at $450 kind of on an impulse. Did I make the right choice? Was looking at other budget entry level rifles as this is my first big caliber center fire. Stressing over the purchase and telling the wife lol

Good afternoon, Howa Shooters. Howa You Doing :).

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chad Peters, and I am the Customer Service Manager for Legacy Sports International/Howa USA. I have over 30 years of shooting experience, as well as extensive knowledge with our Howa firearms, and would be more than happy to assist you in any way. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns and I will do everything I can to assist

Thank you,
Chad J. Peters
Legacy Sports International
800-5-LEGACY (800-553-4229) Ext. 125
[email protected]

Hi all,

Does anyone know the exact weight of a howa alpine 308 with the steel floorplate? I understand the 5.7 lb stat only refers to the detachable mag model without the magazine inserted.

Thanks!
I know your question is old but I can't find where it was answered. Maybe I missed it, but my .243 weighs 6 lbs, 5.8 oz. A .308 should be a bit lighter.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Howa Alpine mountain Rifle from "Buds Gun Shop" I have wanted one for a while and finally found one in stock and purchased it, I have been following/ reading review on this rifle for some time and have read always great things. I mounted a Leupold VX5 HD on it, as I was mounting the scope it hit me the bolt and bottom metal for magazine (internal) and trigger guard are not cerakoted? I called Legacy and they took my serial number and told me that my rifle was a newer model/ make and they were not cerakoted, is this accurate?
Same story here with same response from LSI. Mine did not come from Bud's. My bolt and trigger guard, etc are black.

I would like to hear about the specs and barrel options that will be on the hogue over molded model in the new for 2020 offering in 6.5 PRC.
Hopefully a 24" heavy barrel option will be available.
More importantly will how's offer it with a detachable mag and a hinged floor plate model. The 6.5 PRC is longer than what short actions can easily fit well. So is this going to be a how's long magnum action , I assume.
This is the only caliber I have interest in purchasing for the foreseeable future. The MSRP of the Howa hogue in the 6.5 PRC would be the same as the current price on the 300 win mag, or maybe not?

The moderators really should lock this thread, there's a lot of questions on here that have gone unanswered.....

Just put in a spring kit for the HCAT trigger. comes form GUNBLOKE on ebay out of Australlia for about $16. crisp clean 2.5lbs

I know your question is old but I can't find where it was answered. Maybe I missed it, but my .243 weighs 6 lbs, 5.8 oz. A .308 should be a bit lighter.
Sorry for the delay in response. The Alpine weights 5.7 lbs as a rifle only with the hinged floor plate

Same story here with same response from LSI. Mine did not come from Bud's. My bolt and trigger guard, etc are black.
Good afternoon, I hope all is well, and sorry for the delay in response. The full Cerakote was an inline change. The recent models of the Alpine were not full Cerakote only the Barreled Action was Cerakoted

Sorry for the delay in response. The Alpine weights 5.7 lbs as a rifle only with the hinged floor plate

I would like to hear about the specs and barrel options that will be on the hogue over molded model in the new for 2020 offering in 6.5 PRC.
Hopefully a 24" heavy barrel option will be available.
More importantly will how's offer it with a detachable mag and a hinged floor plate model. The 6.5 PRC is longer than what short actions can easily fit well. So is this going to be a how's long magnum action , I assume.
This is the only caliber I have interest in purchasing for the foreseeable future. The MSRP of the Howa hogue in the 6.5 PRC would be the same as the current price on the 300 win mag, or maybe not?
Good afternoon, I hope all is well. Currently the 6.5 and 300 PRC's will be offered in the Hogue and HS Precision stocks. The mag kits will be available; however not immediately

My .243 with the hinged floor plate weighs exactly 6 lbs 5.8 ozs on a postal scale; almost a full pound more that the advertised weight. I called LSI to inquire about it and was told "we're aware that those rifles weigh more than advertised".

Back