Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Howa Hogue Rifles

Eyeguy

Was looking into Howa Rifles, specifically the Hogue. Saw one last week at RMEF and it was a black Kryptek camo dipped version. It LOOKED mean...but how does it group? Looking into 300 Win Mag....or possibly 338. Any thoughts either way?

Howa makes the barreled actions for Weatherby, so I would say they are good. I can not give any info on the stock. I am a wood and blued steel guy my self.

I bought a Hogue Kryptek in 30-06 a couple of months ago. I have put about 40 rounds through it so far. Shoots good and feels good to handle. I am shooting about 4 inch pattern at 200 yds. I would buy another one if I needed another gun. Wife say's I don't need any more. She is off buying shoes I guess.

I would be seen as biased in my assessment, given they are what we have shot for the last five years of the TV show. They shoot far better than I can.

Well my special order came in today! Got the scope mounted and bore sighted. Decided to go with a Hogue in .25-06 to be used primarily for Lopers and now and then for deer. Wife gets back from the gym at 6 so should have plenty of time to sneak it in the house and into the gun case! :D May need to get her a pair of shoes......

Back