Caribou Gear

Howa 6.5 Grendel

I think you'll guys will sell quite a few of those. Neat chambering in a neat little package.

If there was a LH option I'd be ordering one...

How about a rifle in 6.8 SPC II? I have a few hundred rounds of that, but can't legally hunt with it in PA (no semi's). Would make an awesome first rifle for my sons.

I think you'll guys will sell quite a few of those. Neat chambering in a neat little package.

If there was a LH option I'd be ordering one...

the mini action doesn't discriminate against left handed people : )

How about a rifle in 6.8 SPC II? I have a few hundred rounds of that, but can't legally hunt with it in PA (no semi's). Would make an awesome first rifle for my sons.

no plans for 6.8 SPC, the grendel market is expanding rapidly with more ammo manufacturers hopping on board.

If you need a test mule in Utah, I am more then willing to test the 6.5 out on some mule deer this year, plus 'yotes, milk jugs and anything else....

im sorry if i dont get back to you PM's right away. The fastest way to contact me is through my work e-mail. [email protected]

My National Guard duty has ramped up quite a bit so please be patient with my replies!
I do get back to EVERY single email!

The 6.8 way out sells the grendel . But if your doing the Grendel might as do a 7.62x39. Would be a sweet hog gun. Thread the barrels too while your at it.

I really like the 6.5 Grendel. The main reason is because it fits in the ar-15 platform. I believe that it is where it shines. If I was going to get a medium sized 6.5 bolt gun I don't think the grendel would be my first choice. I think because of the 6.5 creedmore's ballistics being better in every way it would be a much better choice in a bolt gun.

I like this offering, the Grendel has been around for a while but Bill Alexander kind of hamstrung the cartridge by keeping it an Alexander Arms only affair. I am glad that has loosened up and it does not surprise me it is gaining a lot of traction.

Good job Howa.

The 6.8 way out sells the grendel . But if your doing the Grendel might as do a 7.62x39. Would be a sweet hog gun. Thread the barrels too while your at it.

we will have the 7.62x39 option this year. no threadeds as of yet. the 6.5 was a better fit for us.

the mini action doesn't discriminate against left handed people : )
I get that, but if I buy my 8yo a bolt gun the handle will be on the appropriate side. Mostly for safety reasons.

That said, these would make a great starter option and the color combinations are cool enough to get kids excited. I hope you guys the best of luck with them. Now just get those CAD guys to mirror it.

PS- The LH, especially youth options, is quite underserved. Wouldn't be too hard to 'own' that market... ;)

I'm already set up with a grendel in an AR, but prefer to hunt with bolt guns. I'm waiting for a lefty for my son, but might have to buy myself a righty first :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back