• Tom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shoots straight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mtmiller

Some debate from another thread.

woops, guess I don't know how to spell "who"

"....hunting's not a social event for me..." (quote shoots-straight)

duh miller:D Let me qualify..I'd rather hunt with SS in his state than Tom in Texas. No offense Tom but I'm used to out of state holier than thou anti-social assholes.:D

I wonder how Shoot-Straights will answer :D :D

No offence to either one, but I'm more along the lines of Bambistew.

My hunting trips are Social. I like the fellowship of guys that share the same ideas and thoughts and people I can learn from and teach. people I can share memories with and have a down right good time. Huntings not about the meat....Unless I'm hunting with 1-Pointer or Mtmiller....
Licking_button.gif

:D Bambi

...any chance that we could just drop them both in the middle of the Bob and hunt FOR them rather than WITH them??? ...just a thought, carry on!

Hunting, for me, is more social than anything else. If i want solitude, I can just take a hike, go on a bike ride or go surfing. The whole experience of sharing the hunt camp, assisting each other with game retrieval, sitting around the fire at night, etc. I have more memories of the friends I have hunted with than of the trophies I have taken.

An example is the combo deer/elk hunt in Montana a few years back. The deer I took and the spike I passed on twice are nothing compared to remembering staying in the little converted storage sheds with my buddies, how cold 8 below zero is, the way my boot soles froze solid and would not flex, my buddy Jorge looking like the kid in that Christmas movie who fell and couldn't get up because he was wearing so many clothes, Moe laying in the snow and firing a round with his .338 with a muzzle brake - snow falling from the trees over his head, snow blowing up from the ground around him....

I would still hunt alone, and do on occasion, but it is more fun with friends.

MtMiller... you haven't voted yet :)
Nor have you.:D

Hunting, for me, is more social than anything else. If i want solitude, I can just take a hike, go on a bike ride or go surfing. The whole experience of sharing the hunt camp, assisting each other with game retrieval, sitting around the fire at night, etc. I have more memories of the friends I have hunted with than of the trophies I have taken.
hunt camp - social
game retrieval - social
sitting around fire at night - social
hunting - anti social

I have a hunt coming up in a week, I'll post pictures to help others decide.

Note: I'm taking my blender, making frozen margaritas, since its in the 80s here now and the hunt is near here. If you want salt, its bring your own.

I can vote for either. I think by the end of the first day I would want to slit my wrists either way.

Nemont

Is that hardcore backwoodsy guy in Deliverance an option?

wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! hump hump hump

duh miller Let me qualify..I'd rather hunt with SS in his state than Tom in Texas. No offense Tom but I'm used to out of state holier than thou anti-social assholes.

Why thanks Noharley yet. I got a stomach ach, and my nuts seem to be higher.:confused:

The majority of hunters that I know are so much loners that they would never consider even being on a forum for hunters. Most bowhunters for example are loners, non joiners. That's why most State Bowhunting orgs. have small #'s compared to tags sold.

My hunting trips are Social. I like the fellowship of guys that share the same ideas and thoughts and people I can learn from and teach.

You can get fellowship in church. I have very few hunting partners. Not because I can't get fellowship, but because I like the freedome of being able to go when I want, and return when I want. Most group hunts turn out to be clusters. Somone always lost, or doesn't come out in the right place, ect.

We do have late season deer drives, with bows, in a bow only zone. These hunts consist of other non-social types like myself, that get together in groups of 10 to 15 and have fellowship as you say..This is also a great time to bring in young kids and get them started.

hunt camp - social
game retrieval - social
sitting around fire at night - social
hunting - anti social

I agree 100%

I would hunt with both, or whom ever gives me a tag... since the tags are slim pickens down here... or who has the best smoke:eek:

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back