How to Poop In The Woods

If yer wearin' coveralls make sure your hood is pulled well between yer feet. Nuff said
Bud of mine loose country sprayed a barbed wire fence he had backed up to. When he rose the bib suspender he had inadvertently flung cross the coated strand caught on a barb slingshotting the foul effluence all over himself. Hollywood could not have staged a better or funnier scene.

As to whether to wait or go now, I go now. Before going NOW becomes went.

For some reason, when I get out of my sleeping bag my intestines wake with a start. First thing I do is put my shoes on, second grab the headlamp and paper, and third out the tent. I usually don't spend any time zipping the door closed on my way out. Urgent AND Important.

Check for yellow jackets too. Those little buggers seem to take offence to people pooping on or near their nest. And it's hard to run with your pants down around your ankles.
I once kicked in their nest and got stung 4 times in the ass 🐝

Another time my female friend says I’m going to pee off the trail, just don’t look. Not 10 seconds later I hear this blood-curdling scream, so of course I spin around 🤷 She’s tripping over her shorts trying to escape the stings. Oops

I'm still looking for the adult version
View attachment 214684
My buddy took a metal folding chair and cut a hole. Then took short screws and ran them through the metal into a toilet seat. Used to take it everywhere. He'd even hang it on the back of the seed drill when planting wheat. It was a hit with the girlfriends and wives at deer camp too.

A friend's bird dog rolled in someone's woodland present moments after he was let out of the box. TP stuck to collar and smeared from ears to tail🤮
Now that's gross!
A guy I was hunting with, Pablo, had to step into the woods to partake in his Morning Constitutional. When he got back to the truck, my buddy let his dog, Chance, out to run.

A few minutes later I hear a bloodcurdling scream, "CHANCE, NOOOOO!!!"

Chance had come running back with Pablo's toilet paper and last night's dinner spread all over him and jumped in the truck.

I've never laughed so hard in my life 🤣

We’ve made toilets for our basecamps. Just a simple box with a hole. Cut foam board for a seat because it doesn’t get cold. Dig a hole, put a pop-up blind over the toilet and your all set. Have brought lime also to cut down on the smell.
Looks kinda funny transporting a homemade toilet on a trailer from Michigan to whereever we’re going but it works well.
When there’s no basecamp I’ll search for miles for the perfect fallen tree.

My buddy has a 5gal. bucket with a toilet
lid attached to it, "Luggable Loo". You rinse it out
with water and dump it in a hole.
If you don't he get's mighty testy!
We have one of those too. Use a contractor bag, some kitty litter, and make sure you only use it for solids and you can make work for a while between 2 guys lol. If it freezes overnight all the better. Then just tie the bag and toss it out with the trash when we get home.

My young daughters also really appreciate it for camping.

Chinette paper plates and into the fire afterwards. Almost nothing for weight or bulk to carry along and animals won't dig it up later (and yes, they WILL dig it up and eat it!). Just make sure you're in shape for a sustained squat and have practiced your aim. Helps to have a skinny tree or bush nearby to hang onto - a shooting stick of sorts to steady your aim. Also, a firm grip on something helps ensure unexpected recoil doesn't cause you to lose balance and become collateral damage. Been there.

Chinette paper plates and into the fire afterwards. Almost nothing for weight or bulk to carry along and animals won't dig it up later (and yes, they WILL dig it up and eat it!). Just make sure you're in shape for a sustained squat and have practiced your aim. Helps to have a skinny tree or bush nearby to hang onto - a shooting stick of sorts to steady your aim. Also, a firm grip on something helps ensure unexpected recoil doesn't cause you to lose balance and become collateral damage. Been there.
Practice your aim? Do you practice shitting on paper plates in your garage in the off season?

On days where things aren't so solid do you switch to bowls?

Back