How to Poop In The Woods

WyoDoug

LOL I never knew Randy did a video of this sort LOL. Very important though a statement he makes to bury it. I recently went prospecting and found a couple spots where someone, probably more than one person simply left the tp and fecal matter laying on the ground. Nothing grosses me out more than that.

Last edited:
It's a book too.

41+lujOm9yL._SX291_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's some good info right there. I didn't realize that folks sat on logs to do their business so much. I thought everyone squatted. I did know one guy who sat on logs, but he had only one leg, so I figured it was just too inconvenient to squat. I may have to check out this log sitting thing. My knees are starting to get bad these days. I can still squat with the best of them but getting back up is getting iffy. I'll have to find someone to show me the logistics of it though. I want to doo it right, so to speak. I'm guessing you want to be careful not to poop on the log your sitting on. I wonder if that book has illustrations? I worked in the woods most of my life but always took care of such things before going to work in the morning. I did often work with a guy though, who would always run out to commune with nature as soon as we pulled up to the job site. When smart phones started becoming a thing he would take his along with him to take a picture. Not of what he was doing but rather of what he was looking at while doing it. What ever scenery was out in front of him, he took a photo. He would then post it on Instagram or some such nonsense. No explanation as to what it was, just one photo every morning to keep everyone wondering.

LOL I never knew Randy did a video of this sort LOL. Very important though a statement he makes to bury it. I recently went prospecting and found a couple spots where someone, probably more than one person simply left the tp and fecal matter laying on the ground. Nothing grosses me out more than that.

A friend's bird dog rolled in someone's woodland present moments after he was let out of the box. TP stuck to collar and smeared from ears to tail🤮
Now that's gross!

That's some good info right there. I didn't realize that folks sat on logs to do their business so much. I thought everyone squatted. I did know one guy who sat on logs, but he had only one leg, so I figured it was just too inconvenient to squat. I may have to check out this log sitting thing. My knees are starting to get bad these days. I can still squat with the best of them but getting back up is getting iffy. I'll have to find someone to show me the logistics of it though. I want to doo it right, so to speak. I'm guessing you want to be careful not to poop on the log your sitting on. I wonder if that book has illustrations? I worked in the woods most of my life but always took care of such things before going to work in the morning. I did often work with a guy though, who would always run out to commune with nature as soon as we pulled up to the job site. When smart phones started becoming a thing he would take his along with him to take a picture. Not of what he was doing but rather of what he was looking at while doing it. What ever scenery was out in front of him, he took a photo. He would then post it on Instagram or some such nonsense. No explanation as to what it was, just one photo every morning to keep everyone wondering.

I don’t get the using a log thing, seems like a lot of additional effort to find the right setup and some serious potential downside. Besides, I heard somewhere it’s good fuel for the wood stove, so why waste it in the woods!

My sage advice: don't pick the log with the giant ant infestation.

The key is find a log with a good sturdy branch coming off parallel to the grand at an approximate 35° angle from the tree. It creates that nice little v shape to give you the support you need while leaving a wide enough hole to allow the necessary expulsions to proceed through toward the hole in the ground. Boujie woods poopin' right there.

Back