How to Poop In The Woods

WyoDoug

LOL I never knew Randy did a video of this sort LOL. Very important though a statement he makes to bury it. I recently went prospecting and found a couple spots where someone, probably more than one person simply left the tp and fecal matter laying on the ground. Nothing grosses me out more than that.

Last edited:
It's a book too.

41+lujOm9yL._SX291_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's some good info right there. I didn't realize that folks sat on logs to do their business so much. I thought everyone squatted. I did know one guy who sat on logs, but he had only one leg, so I figured it was just too inconvenient to squat. I may have to check out this log sitting thing. My knees are starting to get bad these days. I can still squat with the best of them but getting back up is getting iffy. I'll have to find someone to show me the logistics of it though. I want to doo it right, so to speak. I'm guessing you want to be careful not to poop on the log your sitting on. I wonder if that book has illustrations? I worked in the woods most of my life but always took care of such things before going to work in the morning. I did often work with a guy though, who would always run out to commune with nature as soon as we pulled up to the job site. When smart phones started becoming a thing he would take his along with him to take a picture. Not of what he was doing but rather of what he was looking at while doing it. What ever scenery was out in front of him, he took a photo. He would then post it on Instagram or some such nonsense. No explanation as to what it was, just one photo every morning to keep everyone wondering.

LOL I never knew Randy did a video of this sort LOL. Very important though a statement he makes to bury it. I recently went prospecting and found a couple spots where someone, probably more than one person simply left the tp and fecal matter laying on the ground. Nothing grosses me out more than that.

A friend's bird dog rolled in someone's woodland present moments after he was let out of the box. TP stuck to collar and smeared from ears to tail🤮
Now that's gross!

That's some good info right there. I didn't realize that folks sat on logs to do their business so much. I thought everyone squatted. I did know one guy who sat on logs, but he had only one leg, so I figured it was just too inconvenient to squat. I may have to check out this log sitting thing. My knees are starting to get bad these days. I can still squat with the best of them but getting back up is getting iffy. I'll have to find someone to show me the logistics of it though. I want to doo it right, so to speak. I'm guessing you want to be careful not to poop on the log your sitting on. I wonder if that book has illustrations? I worked in the woods most of my life but always took care of such things before going to work in the morning. I did often work with a guy though, who would always run out to commune with nature as soon as we pulled up to the job site. When smart phones started becoming a thing he would take his along with him to take a picture. Not of what he was doing but rather of what he was looking at while doing it. What ever scenery was out in front of him, he took a photo. He would then post it on Instagram or some such nonsense. No explanation as to what it was, just one photo every morning to keep everyone wondering.

I don’t get the using a log thing, seems like a lot of additional effort to find the right setup and some serious potential downside. Besides, I heard somewhere it’s good fuel for the wood stove, so why waste it in the woods!

My sage advice: don't pick the log with the giant ant infestation.

The key is find a log with a good sturdy branch coming off parallel to the grand at an approximate 35° angle from the tree. It creates that nice little v shape to give you the support you need while leaving a wide enough hole to allow the necessary expulsions to proceed through toward the hole in the ground. Boujie woods poopin' right there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back