How to hunt if you can't stomach gutting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to go hunting with my dad at some point, but I honestly cannot handle gutting the animal. Went to try and watch a video of it and made it about 3 minutes in before I had to turn it off. \*Is\* there a way to do it? Or is it one of those man up or stay home situations? I just start getting nauseous.

1. I don't think you're for real

2. If you are, you're going to have a wonderful time watching your wife deliver that baby, please make sure there is someone else with a stronger stomach available to get her through that day (y)

The OP isn't the only person to like hunting but not able to handle the gutting. My dad couldn't hardly stomach gutting an animal. He never did kill a big game animal, but he loved shooting birds. I gutted almost all his and all my birds and I was on my own from my very first deer on.

My dad's solution was simple, "let the boy do it."

Think like a hyena for your next gutting job. Exposure therapy will work. Get in there, get used to it, and it won't be a big deal eventually.

OP seems like maybe a younger guy or even a kid? I know as an adult onset hunter, it took me a little while to get over the blood that comes with cleaning game. Started with fish then went to birds then to deer. Might be an option for you? I also had someone mentor me on HOW to clean the deer, so I wasn't just cutting aimlessly.

As soon as I saw the person who posted, I immediately clicked to see the comments. Some are too funny. Obvious the OP is trolling and if it is a well known member that is behind it, have to admit is pretty clever. I simply can't believe it is real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back