MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How to hunt 100 days a year and stay married

Speaking of patience Big Fin set a high mark with his example. One to be admired for sure, & providing food for thought regarding my own circumstances.

Ok Randy, I promised you I would finish watching the video when I got to work. Well, it went pretty much the way I projected, just not with the same persona's. I'll trade you your wife's dad for my wife and we'll be about even.

My "ace in the hole" happened in conjunction with one of the worst times in my life. I was stationed at Ft Lewis in 2001 in a unit that was tasked with training in preparation for fielding the new Strykers. The family and I (wife and son at the time) were living in an apartment in Lacey, WA while waiting for on post housing (even then the COL was outrageous out in liberal toilet ville). On post housing became available and before I went on a 2 week long training event I got all of the government paid moving set up so that when I returned we would be good to go. Well, I was in the field on 9/11 when everything went to shit.....and the Regular Army POSs STILL kept us in the field for an additional 2 days for things to "settle". You know, with our families in chaos....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, as if all that wasn't enough to deal with, I come home to find out that my lovely wife had gone to an FRG (family readiness group meeting) prior to 9/11 but while I was gone.....and she did something I had SPECIFICALLY warned her NOT to do. She listened to the cackling hen wives that thrive on the drama and bitchiness that are FRGs. She proceeded to CANCEL our government move and sign us up to MOVE OURSELVES!! While on cross country moves you can makes some money, on local moves not so much. At this point I am about to lose my shit when I realize it only gets worse. The "schedule" meant I am going to be doing this move ON MY BIRTHDAY, I have no time to garner help AND because of 9/11 we got a half sized rental truck that made me make 3 trips (including 40 mi round trips to the nearest f^&king certified scale). So on my 31st birthday I was schlepping 10,000 of crap all over hells half acre by myself (because of course SHE got the flu) and the only thing I had help with was the couch, washer and dryer (a buddy snuck over for an hour). I didn't talk much for a few days after that but restrained myself from the blowout that brewed inside. I don't pull it out often, but when i do I expect zero discussion.

This was a riot to watch. I have to say my ex never let me have an ace in the hole and after dealing with her mother might be why she is the ex. Current better half just lets me hunt all I want as while I don't have a "oh hell" story I did have a period that earned me my right to hunt whenever I want.

We had only been dating 6 months when she slipped a disc in her back that pretty much had her bed ridden for like 3 months. I would go over in the morning and take her kids to school, her mother picked them up in the afternoon. They were teenagers so not a ton of work. I also took the kids to the store and helped buy groceries and what not. I learned during that period that no kidding I care about this one. We just celebrated our 8 year "anniversary" (we aren't married yet) and because in part of those 3 months I have a bit of a pass to hunt and fish when I want. She hunts too though this year she is temporarily laid up with a broken ankle but it is easy compared to the slipped disc.

Always love the stories! It makes watching content feel more personal when you can relate to another persons experiences.

Hold up, you didn't negotiate this free time into the relationship at the beginning?
Is it unrealistic to expect that?
All this time I thought you guys had relationships figured out and that your chicks understood it too.
I've always thought a little time apart was essential to a long term relationship.
Am I being unrealistic when I tell these tinder girls up front that I'm gonna need 6-8 weeks a year to go skiing and hunting by myself?
Most of them haven't understood it, but I thought that was just because they were basic midwestern girls.
It would really take a nice public land archery 7x7 of a woman to get me to quit my winter retreats for at least the next 2-5 years.
And its not that they can't tag along, but they're gonna have to throw some money at the airbnb or stay in the cargo trailer.
Why is it so hard to find a Hilaree Nelson?

Hold up, you didn't negotiate this free time into the relationship at the beginning?
Is it unrealistic to expect that?
All this time I thought you guys had relationships figured out and that your chicks understood it too.
I've always thought a little time apart was essential to a long term relationship.
Am I being unrealistic when I tell these tinder girls up front that I'm gonna need 6-8 weeks a year to go skiing and hunting by myself?
Most of them haven't understood it, but I thought that was just because they were basic midwestern girls.
It would really take a nice public land archery 7x7 of a woman to get me to quit my winter retreats for at least the next 2-5 years.
And its not that they can't tag along, but they're gonna have to throw some money at the airbnb or stay in the cargo trailer.
Why is it so hard to find a Hilaree Nelson?
My boards and the road.
Till death do us part, mf’s.

I'm on 38 years and hunt/fish in excess of 100 days, I have a very understanding wife to say the least, and listen to her, especially when I know I am in the wrong and have crossed a line.
But she also agree's, she would rather I do the stuff I do than spend my spare time in the pub drinking and womanising like some failed marriages around us have experienced.
However, I am going through a fishing dry spell, I haven't caught a fish for a while, and I think she suspects I am going to the pub instead:LOL:, how wrong is she, I am just not having any luck, accept for the long time luck I have had by finding a woman such as her over 38 years ago!

As for box 42 Randy, I was expecting this book in there from your Father-in-law
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 10.00.11.png

I'm on 38 years and hunt/fish in excess of 100 days, I have a very understanding wife to say the least, and listen to her, especially when I know I am in the wrong and have crossed a line.
But she also agree's, she would rather I do the stuff I do than spend my spare time in the pub drinking and womanising like some failed marriages around us have experienced.
However, I am going through a fishing dry spell, I haven't caught a fish for a while, and I think she suspects I am going to the pub instead:LOL:, how wrong is she, I am just not having any luck, accept for the long time luck I have had by finding a woman such as her over 38 years ago!

As for box 42 Randy, I was expecting this book in there from your Father-in-law
View attachment 280624
Good lord is pillow torque some kind of sick dad joke!?

If you wonder how it came to be that I earned such a generous hunting pass and I'm still married after 34 years, here's your answer. Sorry it is this long. I cut a few parts out for the sake of brevity.

We've sat on this video for ten months. It took a while for me to find the courage to show it to Mrs. Fin and get permission, knowing the cost of forgiveness is much higher. She laughed, but I'm not sure if it was to humor me or that she has some form of payback.

If you have some spare time, hopefully this gives a laugh or two.

I don’t know what happened to box number 70!? I’m just goon to lie to him. 😂 smart man!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back