Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How many packs do you have?

How many packs do you currently own?

• Total voters

michsteelguy

Just curious as to how many packs do you guys own? I have a couple of different size packs - (whitetail/treestand pack- Tenzing, and a western day pack- MR pintler). Regarding western hunts, I currently just do day hunts, so I bought the MR pintler for weight purposes, otherwise I would have went with a larger one from the get-go. It works well and fits nice, and I'm considering buying a larger pack for some future western hunts that i plan on going on (guided elk, etc), but as a Michigan flatlander these hunts may be few and far between. I can get a MR metcalf or beartooth at a good price, but I was curious as to how many packs is tooooooo many to have......, especially when they probably will be used on only a few trips?? Its one of those things that I'd hate to be on a hunt, and wish I had a bigger pack, but yet hate to have a collection of packs at home just sittin there. LMK.

I have a cabelas frame pack, MR pop up 38 and a old gander Mt small day pack. Fits my needs for now. I'll end up with a large pack as I keep hunting more out west.

Just curious as to how many packs do you guys own? I have a couple of different size packs - (whitetail/treestand pack- Tenzing, and a western day pack- MR pintler). Regarding western hunts, I currently just do day hunts, so I bought the MR pintler for weight purposes, otherwise I would have went with a larger one from the get-go. It works well and fits nice, and I'm considering buying a larger pack for some future western hunts that i plan on going on (guided elk, etc), but as a Michigan flatlander these hunts may be few and far between. I can get a MR metcalf or beartooth at a good price, but I was curious as to how many packs is tooooooo many to have......, especially when they probably will be used on only a few trips?? Its one of those things that I'd hate to be on a hunt, and wish I had a bigger pack, but yet hate to have a collection of packs at home just sittin there. LMK.
As Larry Potterfield says…at least one more! 😁

Now I gotta list 'em... Badlands 4500, 2200, Reactor. Bought only the 2200 and the other two I won in contests.

Victornox laptop daypack that was Swag from a Vendor trip, and a Solomon Running vest, Cotopaxi Luzon 18L

The 2200 is the one getting worn out the most.

Bullpac frame that sees very limited use, basically just packing bait barrels. MR nice frame with crew cab and 6500 bags, MR Bighorn and Exo K3 4800. The bighorn has by far the most use and miles but the exo will largely replace it

Howdy. I have 3. But, I'm TA getting a new one this next year just to try something new. Heck I might even like the new one more, but I haven't totally decided on what pack and frame at this point. But Stone Glacier packs and frames have my eye.

You could always use your current frame and just get the Beartooth Bag Only option and switch it out when needed. That’s an option. Don’t know how old your Pintler is…just double check on the compatibility because I know MR changed up frames recently.

I have worked very carefully over a long period of time to hone in on the minimum gear necessary to do everything I want to do well. It changes over time, obviously, but I've got it down to 3 for now and I'm proud of that:

Day hiking pack: Osprey Daylite
SAR / Mountain Rescue / Alpine Climbing / summer weekend backpacking: Osprey Mutant 32 (don't be fooled by the number; this sucker will carry 60+ L of gear with aplomb)
Hunting / winter backpacking: Mystery Ranch Terraframe 50

You could always use your current frame and just get the Beartooth Bag Only option and switch it out when needed. That’s an option. Don’t know how old your Pintler is…just double check on the compatibility because I know MR changed up frames recently
Great idea! I gotta check into that for sure, but my pintler is on the new frame, so I dont know if it thats even an option. Thanks.

Great idea! I gotta check into that for sure, but my pintler is on the new frame, so I dont know if it thats even an option. Thanks.
Oh yeah, if you have the new frame you’re good to go.

Mountain Archery and Camofire have good mystery ranch deals from time to time.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back