Yeti

How many packs do you have?

How many packs do you currently own?

• Total voters

hank4elk

I have 2 now. An old Alaska frame pack & an E-stock 104 w/camp pack attachment.

Everyone here seems to hate estocks and mine is the most comfortable hunt day pack I have used...lol. Yeah it's a tad heavy compared to many and it is not real fun to haul a rear elk quarter,but nothing is.

Had 4 a couple years ago and sold the Crewcab and the other is a Cabellas daypack that is my butcher kit bag now.
Having a long torso has always been a problem for me with packs. Hell, I've had a dozen full frame backpacks alone.
Oh,I still have a Jansport ruck that was my work pack in the truck...30 yrs on it. So 4 really,lol.

np307

Only a MR sawtooth for me. At some point I'll get the beartooth bag as well but the sawtooth is the ideal size for most of what I do.

44hunter45

Can't count the number of Aluminum frames hanging on the barn wall. I went through a phase where I could not leave a thrift store without one.
One nameless camo day pack that I got at Costco served for years until I wanted a meat hauling pack.
V1 was an ALPz Outdoor Commander Frame and add-on pack bag. MEH.
V2 was an Eberlestock M5 I got for my RMEF Life Membership. It's hauled out a couple of elk, but only has about 3000ci bag capacity. Some of the Eberlestock add-ons fit. but not many. Awesome deer hunting day pack.
V3 and current rig is an Eberlestock F1T Tall frame with a Vapor 7500 bag. I've never been able to max it out. It just fits right. Now I'm having fun tricking it out with MOLLE toys.
(Cheapskate Tip: You can buy a bucketload of MOLLE clips, buckles, and webbing hooks off Amazon for a fraction of what the OEM costs. )
V4 was going to be a Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 pack with an Xcurve frame. It was backordered and I cancelled because I like the Eberlestock so much.

sneakypete

I’ve got three but only use my Kuiu icon 3200. The other two area badlands 2200 and a cabelas Alaskan pack & frame.

bigsky2

Too many....with another on the way. Only use two- Kifaru Stryker and Kifaru 44 Mag. I just ordered the Stryker XL so I will sell the Stryker. I keep telling myself I'm saving the others for when I have kids but I should probably get rid of them.

GrantK

I think I have well north of 10 that I use occasionally, 6 get used all the time...
hunting is a Kuiu Ultra 1800 or a SG Evo 3300, preference to the Kuiu unless it's multi-day or I need a spotter and tripod...
Climbing, skiing, and SAR are far more pack intense, I pretty much have 2 separate SAR pack setups that live in the truck plus whatever pack for my daily activities... if it's fall I probably have a climbing pack, a hunting pack, a SAR pack, and maybe a ski pack in the truck at any given time so just owning 3 or 4 seems pretty minimalist by comparison...

Karl

Definitely have too many. MR Cabinet is my whitetail treestand bag; MR Sawtooth for day hunts on the ground; MR Beartooth for western backpack hunts; Badlands Hybrid is my current range bag, but needs to get sold soon; Tenzing 1250 lumbar pack is for turkey hunting.

Redman

I have my first hunting pack from when I started a Dwight Schuh that I completely wore out. A metal frame camo Eurica that is very comfortable but noisy as all get out. My Outdoorsmans that I love and use all the time and a MR Scapegoat that I bring for day trips.

mrcowboy

Eberlestock F1 mainframe some accessories Vapor???
Alps frame pack for solely meat hauling
Outdoorsman Long Range pack
REI day pack for short trips

rjthehunter

How do you like the Kuiu packs that you have? Are they worth the $?
Yes, I love the setup. The pocket layout is awesome also. In my bigger multi day packs there's straps inside so you can secure heavier items in place. I have a 5500 for multi day hunts. Then pack the 2200 with everything I use on a day hunt. Set camp and swap the large bag out with my already packed day pack and get out! It's quick and easy to switch the bag out, and there's plenty of straps and attachment points to aid carrying anything you could want to strap on!

Rhino Hunter

Yes, I love the setup. The pocket layout is awesome also. In my bigger multi day packs there's straps inside so you can secure heavier items in place. I have a 5500 for multi day hunts. Then pack the 2200 with everything I use on a day hunt. Set camp and swap the large bag out with my already packed day pack and get out! It's quick and easy to switch the bag out, and there's plenty of straps and attachment points to aid carrying anything you could want to strap on!
Nice!!!

MTLabrador

Two. Stone Glacier Sky 5900 for pretty much all big game hunting and a SG Avail 2200 for summer scouting, day hikes, fishing trips, etc.

Luke_with_a_lab

1 shit frame pack, 2 mystery ranch, 2 stone glaciers. I've learned over time just buy expensive one time and get it over with. Realistically you need a day pack and an expandable multi day pack/ frame pack.

AlaskaHunter

A frame pack that can get wet (always in my boat/canoe) for moose quarters
A GoLite day pack from cross country skiing/day hikes.
A Granite Gear Crown 60 pack for pheasant hunting/weekend backpack trips
An old Gregory backpack from the 1980s (Made in USA)
An old Dana Designs backpack from the 1990s (Made in USA) (my avatar)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dustin.906