How many of you shoot adjustable turrets

For some reason, this reminds me of the Leupold Salesman.....

l.jpg

Sounds like I have a career waiting for me when I retire. ;)

So they aren't for everyone, no problem. I was mearly trying to explain the charactaristics of a tool, chose to use it or not. It won't hurt my feelings.

Sounds like I have a career waiting for me when I retire. ;)

So they aren't for everyone, no problem. I was mearly trying to explain the charactaristics of a tool, chose to use it or not. It won't hurt my feelings.

Only if you like selling Chewlies Gum.

Again, it seems like a very elegant solution to a problem that may not have been defined. Carl needs them on anything beyond Point Blank, you need them beyond 400 Meters, and Buzz uses them for 400 yards.

Of all the things that cause me to miss shots, not being in the center of the glass likely is not in the list of contributing factors.

Does anyone know how much Leupold charges to convert a VX-II to CDS. I already have a set of turrets from a 2 for 1 deal they had.

Only if you like selling Chewlies Gum.

Again, it seems like a very elegant solution to a problem that may not have been defined. Carl needs them on anything beyond Point Blank, you need them beyond 400 Meters, and Buzz uses them for 400 yards.

Of all the things that cause me to miss shots, not being in the center of the glass likely is not in the list of contributing factors.

Why don't you enlighten us as to what you think the problem (or lack thereof) is.

l.jpg
[/QUOTE]

..you will be holdink pliss the phlegm from my chissburger pessi cheeps!

I think once you try the adjustable turret most people are going to be fans of the system. I've got one that is MOA based and a couple yardage based, for a hunting rifle I prefer the yardage based turret.

I bought the VX-3 CDS for my gun this past year. I like it even though I haven't shot it further than 200 yards at an animal. My wife however shot it 300 yds at her buck this past season and had never previously shot my rifle. She ranged the buck and turned the dial, held on the buck and with one shot double lunged it. She is a first year hunter and her confidence was low that she could make the shot and that the CDS actually would work. After the shot her confidence in the scope and her shooting ability was alot higher than previously. She couldn't believe how far 300 yards was with the rangefinder and now wants to know why I didn't get her the same scope for her gun.

I like the CDS thus far and am excited to use it every year both practicing and while hunting. Definitely enjoying the ease of shooting with this type of scope.

Heck with the talk, let's see your set up boys@!

Okay

003-4.jpg

M70 is a 7MM Remington magnum with a Minox ZA-5 4-20x50 1" tube and MOA knobs. The wood stocked gun is a 700CDL in 7MM RUM with a Leupold MK4 M3 10x40 30mm tube and Mil Dot reticle, the elevation knob has 1 MOA clicks and the windage knob is .5 MOA this scope is very effective using a combination of dial and dots.

Both of these rifles were put together specifically for pronghorns and both are loaded with Nosler 160 grain Accubonds and large charges of Retumbo.

Bob

Back