How many of you Dad's...

My son's mom called me when he was 9 months old and told me to come get him. She couldn't get him to stop crying. She really hasn't been involved in his life in any meaningful way since that day. That was about 22 years ago, so yeah I suppose I fit that bill.

I was 21 when he came to live with me. I grew up pretty darn quick at that point.
Sounds like you stepped up. If you do the right thing like that, things seem to always work out well.

No kids yet and I have avoided handling babies/toddlers as much as I possibly could throughout my life so far. Also, still just generally avoid other people's kids at this point in my life. My wife has a lot more experience babysitting kids/toddlers and I will have a lot to figure out.

My wife is a better mom, dad, and human being to our children than me. As a parent, everywhere I fall short she does not, and I can’t really think of any attributes where my better half isn’t exactly that.

The kids don’t realize how lucky they are.

with all that is wrong in the world right now,

this thread and the MEN who have stepped up to the plate as fathers, husbands, men

is what is right in the world.

As a widow, mother, grandmother great grandmother and fellow outdoorsman,

I respect, appreciate, and thank you !

My wife is better at being the mother, no doubt. But we share equally in the parenting. In their younger years, she knew what she was doing and I was scared to just hold the little critters! Now my boys and I take off doing boy things and I get to teach them how to do the gutless method (which is much easier than holding a newborn by the way!).

In all seriousness, parenting is best played as a team sport. I can't imagine doing it alone. Hats off to those who have pulled it off, you have my utmost respect.

Interesting topic!

My wife is the absolute best mom for our children and the best partner I could ask for! We communicate often and openly about the needs of each child and each other. We each share the load, and lead out on things we are "stronger" than the other person in. At the risk of my wife finding this post at some time in the future and using this next sentence against me . . . I would do pretty much anything to keep our family together.

So I'm not married to my kids' mother anymore, but I was for 20 years.

I changed plenty of diapers in my time, but having a full time job and trying to run a ranch with young kids was really hard. The two oldest girls spent a lot of time in the car seat feeding cattle and in a playpen in the milking barn. Their mother was more comfortable with animals than people.

Where their mother and I butted heads was she was the hardass, but made me seem like the bad guy. She got them a bunch of animals for them to take care of (over 100 rabbits) which required feeding 2x a day. When I wanted to do a trip as a family that became the excuse for why we /she couldn't go.

About 5 years ago I was fortunate enough to meet a woman who was much more nurturing and I think it has helped me with my last daughter in the house (14 now). The older two kinda have taken on their mother's introvert nature but the youngest at least has a good role model 50% of the time on how to be a kind , loving, outgoing young woman. She has "talked me down " a few times.

I remember when we first split up and I had my kids to myself and I wanted to go do something fun with them, my middle daughter accused me of "trying to be SuperDad" to win them over. I was just trying to do the things I'd always wanted to do with them. Their mother was always critical of my parenting, and here in the last 5 years I've had a lot of other people tell me I'm doing a good job.

Parenting and Money are two of the biggest conflicts in a marriage. This is a good article.... https://www.parents.com/parenting/r...ldren-will-always-come-second-to-my-marriage/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back