Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

How many is too many . . . .

How many firearms (handguns, rifles, shotguns) owned by a person to be properly labelled crazy?

• 1-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-24

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 25-49

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 50-99

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 100-199

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 200-300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300+

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • There is no such thing as too many

Votes: 56 65.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikingsGuy

The news always has the "man with arsenal arrested" and then down the page it says the the guy has a dozen or so. That's ridiculous - for a sportsman that is hardly a big number. On the other hand, if you are not an intentional collector/investor, there is probably a number where a guy has a problem.

It almost hurts to agree with Buzz on something but he’s not far off on that one. And I definitely have more guns than I “need”. I realized that when I was cleaning rifles at the end of the season and my favorite 270 never made it to the field this year…

The news always has the "man with arsenal arrested" and then down the page it says the the guy has a dozen or so. That's ridiculous - for a sportsman that is hardly a big number. On the other hand, if you are not an intentional collector/investor, there is probably a number where a guy has a problem.
YOu tell me. Do I have a problem? I have to confess that the handguns hanging on the back of the safe door aren't shown, and there is the odd gun scattered about the house/shop and another safe (small) with a handful or two of mostly junk like a singleshot 20 gauge, an AR, and I forget what else. Another one or two are in the mails, and maybe one in negotiation, but these are the most of them. So, you tell me, do I have a problem? (Do I want to know the answer to that?)...
:)

20240113_144121.jpg

The two people I know with the most guns.

One is a former teacher, HS/college, a professor of history, holds multiple masters degrees, physics, history, etc. also has a 60x40 shop just to house his books. How many books makes someone crazy? Bring up any subject from yesterday to the beginning of time and he can find a book he’s read about it. The other owns 16 businesses in 11 states and had to purchase a lot in a neighboring state to build a storage shed so he could house his gun safe to get certain guns out of California. Both surely own over 300 a piece including a pretty badass Gatling gun. Crazy? Not hardly. In fact I think owning hundreads of guns might suggest quite the opposite.

YOu tell me. Do I have a problem? I have to confess that the handguns hanging on the back of the safe door aren't shown, and there is the odd gun scattered about the house/shop and another safe (small) with a handful or two of mostly junk like a singleshot 20 gauge, an AR, and I forget what else. Another one or two are in the mails, and maybe one in negotiation, but these are the most of them. So, you tell me, do I have a problem? (Do I want to know the answer to that?)...

View attachment 315945
You definitely do have a problem and I would be happy to bring my truck over and remove the excess

View attachment 315945
That would make an awesome storage wars segment. Makes me wanna breathe into a paper bag.

😉

View attachment 315945
Not if you keep bringing cool guns to camp for me to shoot

Tough question because everyone has their issues. I think 2 is too many of you can’t shoot either of them with any proficiency. After the reading the list in the CO bill, maybe the only exception to my rule is the shotgun with grenade launcher. You can be semi-proficient with that one.

Tough question because everyone has their issues. I think 2 is too many of you can’t shoot either of them with any proficiency. After the reading the list in the CO bill, maybe the only exception to my rule is the shotgun with grenade launcher. You can be semi-proficient with that one.
Purely hypothetical situation - what if a guy has two, both family heirlooms, that he’s never shot?

When you're buying firearms at the expense of buying tags.

You're a gun collector and not a hunter any longer.

Not that there's anything wrong being a collector, but it's not for me.
As someone who used to be quite the collector. I've cut the fat big time on my "collection". $1,000 for a gun that catches my eye, I just think of it as well that's my whole week to wyoming this year or whatever hunting or fishing trip I'm planning in my head. If it doesn't get used or have any sentimental value anymore it's probably going down the road. If I had an unlimited income though I'd never stop buying. I love guns, I just can't justify more to sit in the safe.

Ps- that's the only thing stopping me from making an offer on that .257 in the classifieds that thing is killing me.

View attachment 315945
Your problem is you need another safe.

View attachment 315945
Think your safe is over capacity, might need another one to overfill:)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back